Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I enjoyed the looking at the classroom from lthe students view.

Be positive in all situations and careful with the words you choose.

Always use positive reinforcements as they convey to the students to be successful. 

Creating a Mission Statement and reviewing it prior to going into the classroom is a great idea.

I have learned how to provide a positive learning environment and how to create a classroom that encourages learners to feel engaged and respected.

I learned to use positive words and avoid negative connotative words 

Listen carefully

It can be very frustrating when you feel like you are losing control of your classroom. We all experience this - but it is important to learn how to bring all students back to the table in an appropriate way that is not harmful.

What words to avoid and what are better choices. Also, I had a habit of calling out students because no one would answer my questions. I did not realize that I may have been calling out a shy student. The last thing I want to do is make a student feel uncomfortable. I am going to change the way I call on students from now on. 

Always be positive with your students!

Be postiive.

To keep a positive environment by using positive words

positivity...it's what you say AND how you say it

Learning in an accelerated format, needs to be a fun and positive experience for the learners. Choice of words and comments to the leaners is very important and can be helpful or damaging to the relationship between you and your students.

I need to be aware of my attitude about subject matter.  Even difficult matter can be turned into a positive for the learners.   

I have always tried to portray a positive classroom but realizing how i can change my wording sometimes might help! 

never put a student down, or make an example of the student, alsways try to correct a students wrong answer in a possive note that can have the rest of the class learn. 

I recognize after reading through this first portion of the course is that I have inadvertently used a few of the instructor saying that have a negative impact on students. Mainly, "Pay careful attention to this part" and "Don't worry about being wrong" are the phrases I recall using. Going forward, I will consider alternative ways of getting the intended outcome.

Avoid putting a student on the spot. Create a positive and welcoming environment for all students.

By what I am reading the best way to get things done in class and stay in control is to always be positive .

Sign In to comment