Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The Instructor | Origin: ED107

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Creating an Accelerated Learning Environment --> The Instructor

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

To be posistive and use positive words

I really appreciated the tips and scripting for when the class gets a little rowdy

Also, I have never felt comfortable putting students on the spot by calling on them, but several people who trained me use this technique a lot and say it helps in keeping students engaged and alert in class. The first thing I am doing the next time I teach is abort this method. 

I feel the methods talked about in this section will help when a student challenges you, I have practiced some of these tricks in the work setting and it does work. When a student is being difficult you don't want them to get you frustrated, it shows you are losing control of your emotions and you might say things as mentioned, the wrong way. Turn the class around and have them refocus on the lesson at hand being positive. 

This educates you in using the right words and what to say and what not to say, great information to manage the students as individuals

word choices can make or break your relationship with students!

This encourages the use of positivity and thinking forward with new ideas, but an appreciation of what you do know.

For me, my job is to model teachability in the classroom. I have to exhibit the quality of being the number 1 learner in the classroom and inspire my students to follow that lead.

Seth Soronnadi

That reaction to difficlt students is; "The goal for an accelerated learning environment is to walk the fine line between learner-directed learning and total chaos."

Use positivity instead of negative connotations. You CAN do this! 

I have learned that I need to possibly set up ways for the students to let me know if they are having difficulty without them interrupting the class.  I like the note card idea.

Use an object like a pointer or a pen to be a "talking stick" to suggest that only the person with the talking stick can speak. 

I really appreciated the tips and scripting for when the class gets a loud

Also, I have never felt comfortable calling on them, but several people who trained me use this technique a lot and say it helps in keeping students engaged and alert in class. 

Vague use of "Native American" technique in this section, without specifying which specific nation used or still uses such a technique is highly problematic. For many reasons. 

I really like the methods of teaching in this module. It helped me get back into my creative side of things 

A successful learning experience sometimes means letting go.

Say positive words rather than using there negative opposites.  

Better ways to respond to negative behavior. Respond in a positive form rather than negative. 

Deliver the right knowledge in the right amount of time.

I learned different techniques to manage different situations in the classroom adn positive words that will help learning.

Sign In to comment