Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The Classroom | Origin: ED107

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Creating an Accelerated Learning Environment --> The Classroom

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

I have learned a lot about creating an accelerated learing enviroment.

I need to be better organized, when dealing with an accelarated enviroment.

Music will liven up a class just the music type is important, Music does seem to be a universal voice and has worked as effectively in other cultures as it has here in the United States. If you teach classes of students with multiple cultures, it can be a great equalizer.

positioning of chairs and tables can change the entire feel of a classroom

This empowers the facilitator to use the classroom as a learning enhancement tool and not a box to contain learners for 60-90 minutes. 

Seth Sorommadi

Learned that " According to studies, music stimulates the brain. Music used in learning brings about consciousness, relaxation, and deep meditation."

We currently use music in class to represent their future workplace but I am going to review the type of music that we use.

Music can assist students with learning. The alpha state is good for focus, and helps with learning facts, synthesizing new knowledge, strengthening long-term memory, and nurturing creativity.

environment, visual, auditory, plays a role in outcomes

I have learned that the environment   in the class rooms plays a big role to teaching 

The senses are very important in the learning process.

I will experiment with auditory and visual stimulus in class.

I have used music in my classroom for many years. I do find that the students are more relaxed and focued on what they are doing while playing. I have seen students listening to other music, probably with a faster tempo and I see them flipping through the music more often, frigidity. 

The importance of peripheral learning in the classroom and how to implement this technique. I plan to utilize this.

Peripheral learning is imporant and helps with retnetion.

If music stimulates the brain, then, music facilitates learning.

I learned different options in the classroom to engage students in learning.

I have learned a lot about creating an accelerated learing enviroment. I need to be better organized, when dealing with an accelarated enviroment. Also by positioning chairs and tables can change the entire feel of a classroom.

Reply to odalys correa's post:...

The importance of visual and auditory stimuli

I have witnessed the reaction of students when music is played, it definitely energizes them.

Sign In to comment