Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

An accelerated learning environment can be important for all involved. 

Color in the classroom:

Learning environment has a huge impact on a students ability to learn or not learn effectively. Color can improve learning if done correctly. Something as simple as seating arraignment can increase productivity in the classroom. Using music can stimulate the brain and increase learning but be sure to limit it.

Music can be an equalizer in the classroom

I am intrigued by the integration of music while teaching and reviewing material. I would like to give this a try at the beginning and end of class to see how the students respond. 

Doris Owens

Depending on the style of music the environment can be energized and positive.

Comment on Dr Enrique Mendez, DDS's post: We have music to start our class that is linked to our login system...I think it might be time to turn on something else!!

Table and seating arrangements are important. Colors and music can calm and energize learners bringing a fun atmosphere to the classroom.   

I will try adding music to the lab area 

Music has its time and place, i used it sometimes but rarely. My students need to focus on their production and techniques. in industry we do not allow music in the kitchen except for clean up or Dining room service. 

I like the way that students can learn by rearranging desks; not sure how this can be convenient with 45-50 students.  I liked learning about music.  I was not aware of the legal issues in playing music outside my home; that was great to learn about.

As a medical assistant clinical instructor, I often incorporate music into the classroom. I often will play easy listening because I want the environment to stimulate the real world. When I update the music I notice the change, they seem to play around more and not focus on the task at hand. 

Visual and auditory stimuli is important for some learners. Learners may benefit more when facing each other. 

I learned that music can be used in the classroom to enhance learning for students, but you need to make sure the music is appropriate, it is not too loud.  

Comment on Lisa Mayo's post

I had no idea regarding the impact of the classroom arrangement in facilitating the learning environment. 

Accelerated learning is really fascinating. I didn't know it, but I've actually done some in the classroom before. It is something I would like t explore further. 

Comment on Lisa Mayo's post: this made me realize how the orientation of my current lecture room and how dark I keep the room so everyone can see the projector is prohibiting students from engaging and asking questions. In our lab space, on the other hand, we sit 4 to a table and the students are lively and interactive. It works!

Comment on Tammie Boggs's post: this is such a profound summary statement. There are so many ways we can influence the mind even if we are stuck in a cinderblock white-walled square.

Visual and auditory strategies play a pivotal role in successful learning.

I never thought the about "setting the atmosphere for learning " using music. The different types of music being played is also a great strategy to be used. 

Music in the classroom helps to decrease anxiety.

Sign In to comment