Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Student seating arrangements can make a difference.

Creating an environment that fits for you and the classroom. 

Ive learned I prefer the accelerated learning environment. Listening to music can amplify the learning for students.

How tables and chairs positioning can influence the learning process.

That the classroom is to be a welcome and comfortable space, tailored to allow students to feel comfortable as if in their own personal space.

Comment on Vonda Reed's post: I have not incorporated music as a learning tool as of yet. It is something that I would like to do in the near future.

I often us music during class but never really thought about the type of music I was playing for the students now I will use this approach to increase the learning experience for my students..

I learned that seating positions can enhance learning. I intend to experiment with different seating.

Music and color can help students learn.

I learned that the use of music can be very beneficial to enhance learning as it can stimulate  and energize the student. The set up of the classroom was very informative and I will definitely use this technique

Interesting, I have not allowed music in my Construction Lab classes but it may actually help my students learn wow.

I learned some very useful tools so far.  I plan to choose my words carefully, so my students will feel motivated by them.  Visuals are a great tool to have!  I always ask my students if their client has a picture, for what look they are going for.  Music in the classroom I agree on.  The proper times, and the way music is chosen, is very helpful.

I started using music over the last 6 months during testing. Students are definitely more focused.

Incorporating music can help with learning techniques 

I learned that Music is a good way to help students with nerves and the most effective ways to set seating arrangements to keep the class engaged and focused.

I have learned a lot about the colors used in a classroom. I never thought about the way the tables and chairs are set up in my classroom. I am brainstorming a new way to decorate and arrange it. 

As a new instructor, I am always looking for ways to improve my lectures. I loved learning about the influence color has and the idea of music appealing to different brain waves!

How to create a better learning environment 

Ensure you create an environment where the student feels incorporated and remains engaged.

I learned about how important the classroom environment is to effective learning. I also learned about how everything from seating to lighting to color can affect the classroom learning environment. 

Sign In to comment