Teaching to Learning Styles | Origin: ED103
This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:
Student Learning and Assessment--> Teaching to Learning Styles
Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.
each student has a different learning style and they benefit from different types of teaching methods
This module reminded me that students can engage with and process information in different ways, and that relying on only one method of instruction may not work well for everyone. I intend to apply this by varying how I present information and giving students opportunities to see, hear, discuss, and practice new concepts. In my CTE classroom, this is especially important because students are learning both technical information and hands on skills. I can demonstrate a process, provide written or visual instructions, and then give students an opportunity to apply what they have learned through a project. This gives students multiple ways to engage with the material while still keeping the learning objectives consistent.
Knowing the difference between the different learning styles and what styles your learners prefer will help them better understand the concepts taught. I plan on learning my student's styles and designing lesson plans around that to better reach them.
I learned that students have different preferred styles of learning and that it is important to use a n equal mix of these styles to insure everyone is grasping the information
This module helped me to understand that students learn in different ways. As an instructor it is really important to identify these needs and try different methods to reach each student.
I appreciate the opportunitites of learning for all learning styles and this can be most effective to reach all students mind.
This module taught me that everyone learns differently and as an instructor I need to learn different teaching methods to reach all of my students. I plan to apply this by using visuals, hands on activities, demonstrations and discussions in my class. I believe that being flexible and understanding of how my students learn will help them feel more engaged and become more successful.
During this module, I was surprised to learn that teaching using the students preferred learning style can improve grades by 10%. That could be a full letter grade difference. I plan to use this information by incorporating as many learning styles into my instruction as possible, ideally all of them.
Offering opportunitites of learning for all learning styles will be most effective to reach all students in the class.
I understand now that you need to have knowledge and understanding or develop a certain rapport with your student to be able to identify their individual style of learning, so they can be more successful in absorbing the information of your teaching.
By that you can also discover the unknown strength of the students and can push them to their highest potential and set for achieving their goals.
Careful planning is required as you select delivery methods. Experience will show you that you can capitalize on these differences.
I learned that students have different learning styles, and effective instruction should use a variety of teaching methods to reach learner. I plan to apply this by incorporating visual demonstrations, hands-on activities, discussions, and clear verbal explanations into my lessons. this will help keep students engaged and give them multiple ways to understand and apply the materials.
not only should you be adaptive to the different learning styles but incorporating each different style into your lesson is key
From this module, I learned the importance of applying key concepts and strategies to improve both academic and professional performance. The material helped me better understand how thoughtful planning, effective communication, and consistent effort contribute to achieving goals and overcoming challenges.
I intend to apply what I learned by being more intentional in my approach to learning, managing my responsibilities more effectively, and seeking opportunities to continuously improve my skills. Additionally, I will use these strategies to support better decision-making, enhance collaboration with others, and remain focused on achieving both my short-term and long-term objectives.
IVE learned there is a variety of learning styles that's students may have. you can mix students in groups once you've learned them so that way they can be able to adapt from each other's style and be able to gain knowledge in different aspects of learning and understand how it may help and benefit them.
As an Anatomy and Physiology instructor, I plan to continue applying these concepts by offering students a variety of ways to interact with course material. I will use visual models, clinical scenarios, collaborative activities, and formative assessments to help students make meaningful connections between concepts. I also intend to gather feedback regularly to identify areas where students need additional support and adjust my teaching strategies accordingly. Ultimately, my goal is to create an engaging, student-centered learning environment that helps all learners succeed.
The concept of adjusting teaching to different learning styles. I can see were that is a more effective way to present learning materials.
take the time to learn how your students learn the best and then use the various types of teaching to deliver that knowledge effectively