Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Brenda DaCosta

I’ve learned the following from Creating Lesson Plans which are: Making the course relevant, Teaching styles Video Three ways people learn, Lecture Formats, Preparing Lecture Notes, Delivering the Lecture and When conducting demonstration you should… Great information and I will incorporate what I have read into my teaching style.

Vary your delivery to address as many learning styles as possible.

Learning the different types of lectures, pros & cons.

A reume is an important tool much morethan just a reading piece. It paints a picture, dates your experince and represents your brand on paper. It should be a supportive document to your experince and skills.

I am most successful in teaching my students in various learning techniques because students respond well to different ways of learning.

I find it is most beneficial to bring all different ways of teaching to my students, they really enjoy various teaching techniques.

I always try to keep in mind that if I'm enthusiatic that will at least show the content is important.

variance 

Use many different ways to get point across

many techniques

I am very excited to teach using case studies.  I feel that is a way to show my clinical competence and expertise, as well as to get some excitement generated in my class. 

Since we only remember a small % of what is being told to us in lecture type settings, hands on and varied teaching strategies are important for each type of learner to succeed. 

I have learned to make good notes for myself when preparing to lecture on the subject. I have learned ideas on how to keep their attention span of 15-18 minutes... think creatively. 

practice before going to class interact don't just read notes

I change my lectures to the students needs, I cant do the mini lectures as much in our setting but will look into that

teaching styles need to vary in order to be effective for the entire classes success. adult learning has its own challenges based off standard atention span studies. know the material and present it with a a personal rather than mechanical/repetative approach.

as an instructor I must work hard to select the most viable method of delivering information to students. different stlyes keep students interested and focused

This course offered several new insights that i did not have before starting. Even though I have tought in the classroom before it is always good to learn new ways to reach students. 

Hello Peers

I learned each student has a different  learning styles as such, teaching styles should vary. I like to use movies or videos or powerpoints or group work, that way I am catering to the different learning styles. 

Understanding the need to adjiust teaching styles to meet all the needs of the students

Sign In to comment