Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

1. Syllabus is all inclusive class document

2. Prepare and plan throroughly before each class

3. Organization improves engagment and success of students

4. Arrive early before students, get to know students, calling students by names

Being prepared is very important for students and instructors alike as it shows that you are serious about your course. Having a checklist and notepad is also very helpful.

Being prepared is the key to being organized and success while teachng . Planning out your day/week keeps you on track and on target for successful teaching.

Being on time is a must and as instructor being ahead of time is crucial to help set up the environment, especially when going to a clinical site. It is important that your students see that you can guide them on a place that it is not familiar to them like the classroom. I think it will give them confidence in the instructor.

Clear and obtainable objectives are so important

Be prepared, detail oriented syllabus with clear expectations

Gett to class ealry. Learn the students name before the class. Greet each student with a bit of motivation. 

I need checklists in order to have structure. Without checklists of what I am doing, it is too easy to get off topic or to not accomplish something I absolutely need to do with the class.

Preperation is key to sucessful instruction. knowing your students names and speding extra time before and after class is motivational and will help them feel comfortable with you.

In short... Be prepared!

Arrive to class early. Make sure everything you or your students need is available before it is needed.

Keep a small notebook with you to make note of any needs or to follow up on anything student requests.

Be prepare, review the syllabus/objectives.  Have a check list to prevent from missing any items.  I believe I will start to practice this good point to prevent from forgetting any items.

syllabus should be detailed and set the tone, policies and expectations for the class. Prepare ahead of time and know your content

be on time and be prepared.  be a mentor to the students. 

Be timely yourself if you expect students to also be timely to class. Keep a notebook handy so I don't forget items I need to follow up on after class is over. 

Having a checklist and notepad is essential to making sure that you cover the necessary items and track any items that need follow up.

Preparation is multi faceted. It ranges from preparing the class activities to interpersonal preparation with students - with so much more in between. 

It's important to follow through with what you say you will do. 

I have learned a few things during this so far, make sure i keep my note book with me, that was I can make my list of things I need to do within the classroom. I like getting to the class early that way i dont have to rush and make sure I have everything set up for that day. To remeber that the students are still people, to treat them with respect and make sure they are comfortable in the classroom. 

Establishing goals and objective are needed for your benefit as well as for the students.  Realizing that a foundation is needed to be able to teach the material is importan.  After several objectives have been met only then can a goal be reached.  The difference between goals (which are directional guidence) and objectives (what a studewnt should eventually be able to do and experience) are essential in teaching the course, evaluating the students, and providing them with the tools that are needed for success.

I appreciated the detailed list of instructioal components that need to be considered when preparing to teach.  I also liked the resource for developing a syllabus.  There are so many components to a good and thorough syllabus that it will be nice to have a list of components to compare my syllabi to to ensure that I have covered all necessary topics.  The tips about arriving early, prepared and ready to greet your class, I believe really sets the tone and can provide the students with a good first impression.  I plan to incorporate the use of a checklist and bringing a notepad to class so I can make sure I complete all that needs to be done in class that day and can take notes to remember what needs to be addressed after class.

Sign In to comment