Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I am currently teaching a class now that has students that know a little more than other stidents. Being flexible with your teaching style is not an easy task.

Always being prepared daily knowing the topic to be discussed and the level of student knowledge 

Planning lecture wisely and using other resources is the best execution for student's excitement. 

You need to know where your student is starting from.  Ask a set of questions or give a pretest.  Your planning will go a lot smoother if you can start from where they are rather than guess.

Taking the time to understand what students already know or don't know helps keep students from becoming bored or frustrated.

Knowing what the student know and does not know will help you as the instructor know how and what to teach the class.

Pre-test is a great tool

Even if you have a good idea what will happen with each lesson plan there will aleways be structure for each subjuct. knowing your students knowledge base will help gage the compression.

Knowing your audiance, stundets, helps to focus more your enegery and time on areas where your students need improvement, so you as an instrucotr are avaialable to answer questions ..

I strongly believe in pretest to determine at what level of knowledge of content do the students have.  I can then adjust my content or style of presentation accordingly.

I quiz to see if the student is understanding the materal.

Knowing your material. woul help you to prepare your classes.

• Very important for my profession.

Not all students are the same . Be open minded to the learning process. 

TEaching is not black and white there are many different styles and methods to help reach all students

This was a good review of how to prepare for upcoming classes.  One can be super prepared and then once they get to know their students they may have to change their gameplane based on the students knowledge level of the topics being taught.

Clear roles and responsibiities not only for students but for instructors as well are key.

It's important to be good at time management in your classroom. Make sure you have enough to teach in the time you have, but also have backup just in case you have extra time. Also it is important to engage your students in different fashions and finding out how much they know on a subject is important as well. 

Don't go in cold with an old lesson plan. Keep it fresh so the students stay engaged. Good questions to think about.

I've learned that it's important to have a roadmap to follow.  Discussions can take on a life of their own and travel in unanticipated directions.  Having a clear objective allows class exchanges to remain focus on the purpose behind the current lesson.

Sign In to comment