Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

There is a principle that diagnosos precede prescription. Altough it may be generally conected to medicine, it is not different in teaching a class. The teacher needs to diagnose the students level of knowlegde, familiarity with the topic, etc. as a means to informing class design and delivery.

I like the Pause for Thinking sections. They actually do make me think.

Similar to the military, it is important for an instructor to know the pre-requisite materials covered. This is similar to knowing the job of your subordinates. Pre-test are also a great way to gauge the students' knowledge of the subject so the instructor can adjust the class to challenge the students but not overwhelm them. 

Stepping into a program of study it is very important to do pretests. Vocabulary, general familiarity, and previous dok quizes are invaluable for planning.

Students often don't realize the resources they have at their disposal to augment what is presented.

In preparing your lesson plans, it is important to take into consideration the knowledge level of the students, understanding why they are taking the course and being able to utilize various methodologies in teaching. It is will also help you as an instructor to learn a little bit about your studenets so that you can tailor your teaching style where you can maximize learning.

I have learned that time preparation is key to good presentation.

Good planning is the key to successful teaching. 

As an instructor, it  benefits both students and teacher to know something about your students prior experiences,goals,and learning styles. Build your training lessons to the needs of your group.Develop ongoing feedback with students,be available  to  address any questions and concerns. Give quizes and provide constructive comments were needed.

Wow. Never considered pre-tests. Much better idea than making an assumption on where to start.

Understand your audience is huge in teaching to ensure you're keeping the interest of the studnets 

pretests are a great idea for getting a basic understanding of where the studnets understandin is 

know your audience to keep the interest

Preporartion and flexibility is a key. 

being flexable with time utilization can be challenging based on the size of your class.  Getting to know the students individually  helps.  by understanding that every student is different can help build a good strategy for each individual class.  dynamics in every  class is different so having a strategy is a must

Finding out what my students strengths by using pre-tests, utilizing time management to better how lab time is used in my class

Preparing a constructive lesson plan for the course I will be teaching is a very important task which would help me to teach the entire class effectively and also help my students to complete their class successfully with high grade.

Reply to Donna Facione's post:Hi Donna, yes I totally agree with you on this and just to add my thoughts to your wonderful post, getting to know students through ice breaker concept would help me as a teacher not only the students' level of knowledge but how to prepare my lesson plan on a common medium of delivery which would be good fit all students (those with exiting kwnoledge about the subject matter as well as those are totally new to the subject).

Getting to know your students is a great way to fucos your lesson(s) and there delievery. Also plan for Compression factor.

Plan for the students who do know and for the students who dont know the material.

Sign In to comment