Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

time management plan what ot do if the lesson material is completed before the class is over (compression factor)

plan content with time management. Have backup material such as the internet and other refrences to go over material. 

i have been teaching for 4 years and i learned from some mistakes , it will happen or a lesson plan not going well, i learned to have other plans in place for time compression or if the current lesson plan is not welll received.

Good lesson planning is like preparing a good meal. make the customer come back again.

Plan appropriately for your classtime and engage with your students to know how they learn 

Oof! I wished I had know about time compression early on! I'm much better with it now, but my first semester was a real struggle to keep my class from running short. I found the overarching concept of "knowing your audience" very helpful. I'll be using pretests for my more introductory courses this fall, and hopefully be able to adjust my lesson plan as we go.

Understanding your audience and being prepared with your material are keys to success

This course has provided me with an understanding of key fundamental practices that facilitate effective content delivery to maximize learning (e.g., Knowing yourself as well as your students, time management, and providing necessary resources). Some key take-aways that I plan to utilize include;

1. Student introductions and the use of pretests to gage their experience, knowledge, and learning style.

2. Planning accordingly to meet teaching timelines 

3. Ensuring that I provide the necessary resources and training material. 

Very important to pre-test prior to planning your lessons.

I learned that we need to know our audience in order to deliver effective lessons. 

I learned how important it is to plan he course and base the lessons off your students and their current knowledge

I think being able to adapt and trying to bring in additional resources were two of the biggest things I drew from this lesson.  There is so much of a focus on curriculum maps and pacing guides I think we sometimes do our students a disservice by not having the flexibility to spend more or less time than what is allocated in the guide.

Very good overview of how to "prepare" for your class.  From experience I know that getting to know your students is the building block for the rest.  Time management will be easier once you know who you are working with and can tailor your lesson plan to the group.

A lot goes into lesson prep before you even begin preparing the actual content.

For me it's valuable information as a teacher in order to respect my students and myself.

I now see that an involved instructor is going to make time for efficient prep for a course.

Should always plan to have a baseline test to fully understand the classrooms knowledge of the information being taught.

The idea of a pretest was interesting.

Be flexible with your adult learners. and be Prepared for classes with enough time in order to have your lessons to present to them

The importance of discovering what your students know and where they are in the field before creating a lesson plan.

Sign In to comment