Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Utilizing pretests greatly assist in understanding the knowledge level of each student. While I am an administrator and no longer teach in a classroom setting, this is information I can use greatly when providing professional development to our team. 

Know your strengths and weaknesses.

Use your resources.

I'm constantly updating my course content to match what our industry is doing, so I rely heavily on our TAC committees to provide me with relevant teaching topics I can later research for full content.

In summary, lesson planning provides a roadmap for effective instruction, promotes organization and time management, facilitates adaptation to diverse learners, enhances student engagement, ensures alignment with learning objectives, and enables ongoing assessment and feedback.

I need to be prepared for the class/lecture to end early and if it does, have some activities or discussions planned to utilize the extra time wisely. Same goes for not getting through the entire lesson plan for the day - need to pick up where I left off the next day and try to manage the class time more effectively. Also keep a journal or notes when this happens so the next time I can be better prepared.

It is very important to understand how the students engage and to obtain what they may already know by testing their knowledge with a quiz. This will help when preparing your lesson plan. 

Great refresher on how to get students involved and ways to find new material. 

Prepare extra activities so students stay engaged for the whole class time.

Learn as much as you can about the material you are teaching, so you are more informed of all the information you can provide.

While this unit was mostly things I already practice as a new teacher, I really liked the idea on the pretest to see where everyone is.  I usually spend some time talking to try and bring them out of their shell and lighten the room a little but the pretest is something I would be able to take some time on later and learn about them.

I learned that using what your students already know can help with lesson planning.  That flexibility based on student assessments is a reasonable approach.

This session taught me the importance of clear learning objectives, student-centered teaching, structured plans, and adaptability. Clear objectives can help align content with educational goals. Student needs and backgrounds should inform teaching strategies. I intend to use structured lesson plans to maintain organization and coherence while providing flexibility to ensure responsiveness to real-time student feedback, enhancing the overall teaching and learning experience.

By building Objective assessments that should be written to make sure the questions are specific to the content and appropriate to the group being tested; is only one component of the process, varied by the student. Let just assume assessment process was the end all in validating a person understanding of the process we would assume all people learn the same way and that's just not the case. 

Knowing your student and what they know are beneficial. Time management is very important.

One of my fears has been getting through a course too soon and then having too much left over time. I've considered two options: 1) moving forward and starting the next lecture/section, as you may go over the next time and will catch up or 2) have some relative current event topics/handouts to read and discuss that can also be valuable to the course.

In this module, I learned to do a personal assessment of our own strengths and weakness. I learned that this can help tell us which is the best way for instructional delivery. I learned of different ice breakers to know your students. I also learned to be flexible and always have additional material for the class.

I have learned how to assess a new class's knowledge on the subject matter.  I also plan to incorporate different teaching modalities to keep the students attention.

good planning and flexibility is key.

Be organized but be willing to adjust to still meet minimum objectives.

The major point that I learned from this module is how to deal with time management within a course. It is something that I have wondered about and have luckily found some tips on how to better deal with it thanks to this module. 

Sign In to comment