Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Every cohort will present with a different learning style or need. We need to be flexible and be able to apply our course content in different ways to reach all students.

It is the responsibility of the instructor to manage his time well and keep the class on track by having a solid lesson plan.  Plus, it is the student's time as well and you don't want to waste their time by being unprepared.

Excellent guide to work and be oriented to results

Use 'get to know me' tests with students to better gauge their capabilities. 

Classroom management is key to have a successful school year.

What I have learned from the information provided is the importance to understand the students abilities as well as your own. By knowing the abilities and knwledge of your students you can best prepare a class to succeed to meet the needs of the students. It is also important to understand our own abilities. Knowing what our strengths and weaknesses are allows for a teacher to use their strengths to best deliver the information. Lastly the power of time management is crucial to the learning of the students. By being preperared to take on the time alloted the best ay possible, the students will remain engaged and focused on the infromation given to them. Being able to adapt to things as the lectures take place is pivotal to the learning of the students and their success. 

Being prepared is a great way of getting things done and making sure students understand what you are doing for your mod 

I have gained a better understanding of time management.

It is important to have a lesson plan so you and students are aware of what is beuing covered. 

prestest are helpful to assess where students are at fcoming into the class.  Also a discussion using good find out questions can help assess prior knowldge.

Utilizing assessment strategies.

Prepare your classes with great content to keep studnet engaged 

be ready with structure and be mindful of time in the process so the schedule is clear and organized to students

Learning and getting to know my students individually and time management

It is important to get to know your students.

Always looking for another great plan for  looking into what the students can get more Knowledge.

Knowing the subject matter beforehand and linking it to the proper resources.  Also, gaining an understanding of your students learning styles are a basic necessity. 

i would get to know them prior to class, and have a plan ready for how you teach and stick to it. 

Another good way of learning about what your students know is to create a pretest for your course. This test should cover general topics that you will be covering throughout the course and more importantly, foundational knowledge needed. It's so helpful!!

It's important to review, know and decide what needs to be taught to the class - thus the need for lesson planning is extremely important. Factors such as what classes have students already taken, how much content needs to be presented and reviewed - or what is important for the student to be day-one-ready. Allowing time for the "unknown" situations that may arise is also an important factor that must be considered and worked into an effective lesson plan. 

Sign In to comment