Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Be guided by your textbook and decide what are the most important things you want your students  to know. A pre-test will show what your students already know. Ice-breakers are a good way to get to know your students.

Managing time correctly, looking for interesting platforms to share with students such as quote of the week, youtube interactive videos etc. 

to be a successful instructor you need to be knowledgeable on the subject and be familiar with the students ability to absorb the material  

When creating a lesson plan as an instructor, you may go through your content faster than expected. It is important to have backup materials to use in these cases. 

set a schedule and be flexible make sure all factors are being accounted for 

As an instructor, it is important to understand what my students already know and do not know. And then I would be able to teach them accordingly. 

To work on my time management skills and have back up activities 

Good to have a pretest to see what the students baseline knowledge is.

Allowing myself enough time to teach effectively but also making sure I have enough information to max out the class time without gaps.

Active listening and using pretests are vital during discussions with students to emphasize a point during a different session. 

good ideas. I will continue to work on time management

Develop a process of delivery. This will ensure each lesson is similar in the class ensuring consistency and predictability.

Assessment is key! learn where the students are in knowledge of the subject. knowing allows the teacher where to start .

Have the students find & share relevant content for the class (videos, readings, etc). 

Always plain ahead

Always be organized and prepared for the lessons that are upcoming. If you don't know the material your students won't be able to learn. 

Give a pretest to see what students already know about course content. 

plan for time compression.  Have things available and ready when things go quicker than expected.

Yes flexability is one key that is important, knowing your student's ability to comprehen the content you are presenting,lesson planning to maximize material delivery and the time,  every student does not absorb at the same paste assuring everyone gets the same results, completion and success of the course is the goal 

I've learned how important it is to conduct a baseline assessment of the knowledge and experience of your training audience, because learning plans can always be tailored to provide more effective training objectives. 

Sign In to comment