Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

publicity

what I've learned is that our school needs publicity as well as advertising. We will implement if not all then at least 99% of all suggestions that pertain to our school in regards to publicity and that we don't have in place yet.

who is responsible

There are multiple departments that are responsible for getting our name out, but mainly we use the conventional methods...such as TV, radio, internet... we do have newsletters, press kits and so on... however we do not differentiate between publicity and marketing.....and that is important...

bad publicity

bad publicity is better to avoid, but for many schools it is unavoidable....in this case it is better to have the right ratio between the bad and good publicity, where of course the good publicity needs to over weigh significantly....

volunteering

volunteering and letting the students give back to the community is great PR

Marketing Resources

How is your school using visuals, radio, and TV to reach students and prospects? What could you be doing more effectively? How can Internet marketing play a role in your publicity and public relations efforts? How can you most effectively utilize your school’s Advisory Board?

Getting the Word Out

How do you get information about your school out to your community? As a result of what you learned so far in this course, what new strategies could you put in place?

Your School’s Publicity and Public Relations

What publicity and public relations efforts does your school already have in place? What is working and what is not? What changes do you think you can make to improve your results?

Evaluating Radio Placement

When considering radio placement, do you typically look to what other educational institutions in your market are doing with radio, or do you judge the use of radio on a case-by-case basis for your particular school? Please explain your position.

Dealing with Preempts

How have you dealt with preempts when you come across them in placing TV advertising?

Changing Your Creative Message

When you plan your creative executions, how often do you change your creative message, and what results has it shown you when you do change it?

Researching New Publications

How have you gone about researching and seeking out new stations and publications to add to your market book information?

Thinking Outside of the Box

What are some creative or "out of the box" solutions you have implemented to effectively market your programs while working with limited resources?

Bringing Your Team On Board with the Advertising Plan

As the advertising plan is rolled out and the start approaches, what process would you follow to ensure that your team is on the same page as the advertising plan and understands their accountability?

Show Me the Money! Putting the Advertising Budget Together

Budgeting information can be very specific – right down to the cost per lead. What factors do you consider when putting a specific and realistic advertising budget together?

Newspaper release.

Information about our school is relayed through the admissions representative at college fairs, guidance visits and maintained relationships. New strategies to implement would be the press release and community newspaper. The vice president of the schools is very involved in the community. He is the President of the chamber of commerce; this would be a great way to relay information about our school to the community. I would probably take on the responsibility of creating and maintaining a monthly newspaper to display monthly information and events.

Bulding Relationships will lead to success

Hi Everyone, My name is Jaimie; I am a new employee to my college. I have previously worked for a specialized college and had to open up and maintain my own territory. I had no contacts and no previous data to pull from. I am a firm believer in building and maintaining relationships. I developed many relationships with guidance counselors, teachers and even associations to get the word out about my college. The best way to generate new students and make lasting relationships is to meet as many people as you can and stay in touch with them. Whether it's… >>>

Does a bartending school needs an agency to advertise?

I really don't think its necessary for us to hire an agency to do our advertisment. We are expending and currently have 3 locations in different states. Any suggestions?

Does anyone have experience with using postcard mailings?

We are looking at using this format in advertising and wondered if anybody else has used it. If you have what was your experience?

School Phone Numbers

What is your experienece with designing 800 jingle numbers for your school?

Other Mass Media Outlets

Why does this course focus only on TV, Radio, and Newsprint? Why are Direct Mail, Internet and Directory advertising not included in the topics covered? Is it because they are not effective?