Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

School in New Location

What is the best way for a school that is established in other cities to get it's foothold on a city where they are new?

Any Suggestion on how to reach Immigrant population

I am in Miami which is a melting pot of people from everywhere. Many of them are immigrants, my question now: have any of you used a system that is successful in targeting them?

NEED A GOOD CONTACT MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE FOR SCHOOL

I need a contact management software to manage the school leads, any advise please?

Radio

What is an effective balance between the radio and tv buys?

Times

Are there certain times that work better for different demographics?

Getting people to our website

I have what I consider a great website and those who know about are very positive. Here is my problem...when I Google my type of school, I cannot locate our website. It now only comes up when I type the actual name of the school and location. My web person has paid someone to supposedly get it to come up in the first page or two, but it does not. Any suggestions, that are not too costly? Thanks Jan

Leads

Please clarify for me the definition of "leads" as pertains to the demographic section. It mentions "leads" and students. Thanks

Forming a Marketing/Publicity Committee

I just started a small private school. When looking for people to be a part of this committee...how do you recommend approaching them, what type of compensation do you offer, if you don't have deep pockets are there other ways to compensate?

press releases - new for us

Press releases are something that we just began doing after hiring more staff in our mktg. dept. The Press Kit is something that we will have to brainstorm on to really utilize in our industry.

Boards and Committees

We are now issuing press releases every month which is helping our publicity efforts - especially online. We need to establish boards and/or committees. Any suggestions on starting small with this and ideas to get going...?

Making Noice

We were already doing things that are on the chart in this module and I learn other that I will use.

Generating new student leads and tuition reimbursement partners

This module has reignited a desire to explore offsite training by partnering with local companies. An easy start would be training in computer necessities like Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Many companies don't have their own trainers and should be looking for in-house training. Such relationships could lead to tuition discount/reimbursement and provide a profitable method of getting exposure and generating interest in other school provided programs.

leads

Is it a complete waste to run ads the week before or the week after christmas? Suprisingly we have had several leads this first week in december.

incentives

I like the idea of acknowleding the reps but I can see that it must be consistent. Everyone needs to be excited.

questions about placement and creative

What sections of newspapers ssem to get the best response? When changing creative, how much of your look do you change? You still want to be familiar with your audience. Would you change content or go as far as changing identifying pictures?

Yellow pages

Sometimes I wonder if i am spending to much in the yellow pages. we have 2 books and it seems like I keep spending more and more. How important are yellow pages and bigger and bigger ads?

Web site monitoring

We use a service that gives us statistics about our website usage. We compare the monthly data to previous months and see if any of our demographics have changed and if we're still marketing to the right group.

Promotional CDs

I'm not sure if our school is doing as much as we could be with Audio/Visual promotion. The idea of tapes/videos is really interesting. I'm thinking maybe putting together a CD that could be given away with the press kit, etc. We have some dynamic speakers in the college that could get people excited about what we offer. Is anyone else doing anything like that? How is it working?

Marketing Director

We have a marketing director who does most of the advertising and public relations for the college. Right now, we're doing online & print advertising, press releases, and community service, among other things. We're talking about implementing ideas from this course and to get more people involved, to broaden our presence in the community. I'm particularly interested in newsletters. Does anybody have some newsletter tips - content, mailing lists, timing, etc.? Thanks!

surveys

I don't have any surveys in place but that has been added to my list. Makes sense, of course, how else would i know what is working.