Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have already begun to think of how I will organize the information so that I have the current statues on hand as well as my schools most up to date information

l learned a great deal thus far regarding the role and duties related to admissions.  Additionally, I understand how important it is to continue to learn and be aware of updates.

As an Admissions Representative for a school I understand the importance of the schools accreditation and following the rules of compliance while assisting students throughout their educational process.

Hello. 

I have learned to keep myself updated with the state statues as well as the policies of the college I work at. The resource binder will be of great help. I believe that will allow me to keep myself well-informed and organized on any updates on my college's catalog, staff, programs, tuition, etc. Being aware of the rules and regulations will help me be compliant and put into practice what I learned. Even if it takes me a while to learn them, having them in my resource binder will help me not feel overwhelmed and take it day by day.

Hello, I'll be serving as an admissions representative for Loyola Institute of Public Affairs, which is currently going through the approval process. In this module I learned where to identify key definitions and policies for the admissions professional, in addition to the importance of developing an admissions manual for consistent reference. 

In this module, I learned that the CIE requires training and continuing education for all admissions and recruiting staff. I also learned the applicable Rule, central concepts, and term definitions. I will apply this when talking to re-entry prospects or students that want to ladder to another program.

It is very important to stay up to date on Admissions Policies.

I learned that is important to educate the staff on legal and ethical matters in admissions, including regulations, state laws, confidentiality, and anti-discrimination regulations while engaging in continuous professional development (webminars, workshops, conferences, etc)

I have learned the vitality of the rules and regulations that apply to the admissions process.  I plan to use this information in as I work as an Admissions Director and provide the best level of information for prospective students and their families.

As a first time admissions coordinator this module has given me the resources and knowledge to do my job as easily and effective as possible. Not only will I be able to answer any questions a potential applicant may have but I will know the rules and regulations in order to perform my job to its full capacity. 

I have learned about the rules and regulations governing Florida and post-secondary education in addition to my role as an Admissions Representative.  

Using correct admissions terms are extremely important, just as well as regulation knowledge.

I have learned about all documents you need to consult, the ethics, also the importance of making a notebook with the most important concepts like:

Definitions of words and terms associated with the admission process. Licensed institutions. Admission representatives who work full-time need to complete training approved by CIE and CM201 is an approved course. Information in the catalog of the school. Really very interesting.

Hi everyone! I have learned to adhere to the "be careful what you say" rule. In the admissions process, we must choose our words wisely. It is not okay to make false promises or be misleading. Open honesty is the best approach. Also, being organized not only looks good, but can assist with time management. It is not productive to continuously look up statutes when they can be easily organized in a binder with tabs. 

It is important to be familiar with all admissions policies and procedures.

The key takeaway is the importance of performing the admissions role in a way that is effective but also ethical. As our schools need to grow, it is necessary to do it in a way that is consistent but also transparent to ensure students get a full understanding of the decisions they are making involving their enrollment. Pursuing studies and/or a degree is a life-changing decision. 

I gained knowledge about the enrollment procedure and the significance of successfully finishing this training as mandated by CIE. The introductory section also encompassed a range of terminologies and definitions commonly utilized in the field of career school admissions. Additionally, the significance of educating the staff on legal and ethical aspects related to admissions was emphasized.

I am gaining a better perspective of the guidelines and regulations that need to be followed to comply with the Department of Education rules. Everyone in every facet has a role to play, and we all need to follow the rules and regulations. This training is giving me a great resource to reference back to.

Learn about regulations and the different terms use in Admissions.

This module has been very insightful and has paved the way for someone that is now getting into admissions. I like how this module is basically a guide that lets you know exactly what you need in your notebook. It is also vital to stay up-to-date on all policies and procedures. 

Sign In to comment