Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I am starting my position as an Admissions Representative. This module was very interesting, and I was able to learn about the best way to create my resource notebook so I can be well educated to assist my students. I learned that I must stay up to date with the rules and regulations. 

Was a pleasure to join this course, I’m representing Alen South Lake University and to learn about enrollment and all the process was very gratifying, because now the education have to be fun, give a step forward and with the help of the technology to create a great experience for the employees and students 

Comment on Marie Daurel's post: Transparency is of the utmost importance in the admission process. 

This is my first position in higher education as an Admissions rep, and knowing the actual terms really helps make the process much easier to grasp and connect everything that I have been learning so far.

As an Assistant Director of Admissions I can say that this training is very important for our continuing education.

I have learned the importance of using the right terms in the admissions process. My participation within the institution as a career services coordinator and how I am observed in this position. Also, the Florida statutes governing, the purpose and the commission for independent education. The full determination as an agent and the familiarity to gain and put into practice. 

i agree with  this module

In this module, I have learned that it is important to know about your institution's individual policies and procedures. It is also important to know the correct terminology with the admissions process when speaking with a prospective student.

I am currently taking the admissions training course and so far I am learning about the rules and procedures that I will be using during the role of admissions agent.

I have learned that it is important to have good intake training for our employees, so they can meet the requirements of our students and can answer questions and concerns without giving incorrect information.

It is important to have a team that is well familiar with the entire admissions process and is also knowledgeable about the laws of the state of Florida.

I've learned that the admissions policy is very important in always being ethical and compliant and staying up to date on policy and procedures.

As an Admissions Assistant, this first topic has shown the importance of staying up to date with admissions regulations, policies, terms. 

This is my first time working as an admission representative and thus far, I have learned that I will need to complete this training annually. I have also learned that the correct definitions/terms are incredibly important when discussing the institution and admissions process. 

Hello this is my first time in an agent position, and I have learned from this module the importance of all the compliance policies and terms as well as being organized and up to date with the information. I look forward to the rest of this course.

Having been in admissions for a few years, working with high standards of compliance and integrity is vital to ensuring the student experience. The student needs to understand the expectations of their college program and institution so they can make the best decision for themselves and their families. As admissions reps/advisors, we should take pride in preparing a potential student to become successful students. Successful students creates a successful educational environment, which in the long run will not only improve an institutions reputation, but contribute to making a long term profitable business.

I've learned that having knowledge of the rules and procedures is vital on a local as well as state level. 

Takeaways I have learned from this training is to:

• Keep an organized notebook, as that's known to be the most effective tool to contain notes.
  • There's a lot of information within this course, so takes notes.

Comment on KayeDee Parrish's post: This is a great response and I have learned the terms and definitions utilized within the facility.

One takeaway from this module was that in order to effectively operate as an Admissions Representative is to keep up-to-date with the new regulations and policies. Another thing is to keep a notebook for necessary information to stay organized and more efficient.

Sign In to comment