Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

By educqating all staff and students regarding sexual harrassment, domestic violence, rape, stalking, etc. provide an powerful tool to  prevent misconduct.

it makes me very sad how often this happens that we needed 4 modules regarding this matter. always be on the lookout for victims, protext yourselve and know your resources

I learned that state and institional laws on consent are both required to be provided to people by the particular institution they attend/work at.

There is still a stigmata on rape vicitms, especially women as to who was responsible for it occurring. How they were dressed, how they acted, if they had been drinking, if drugs were invovled (voluntary or not), etc. This makes women, especially young women reluctant to come forward to file complaints. There is also the psychological aspect to the act. Did she know them, what did she do immediately afterward, was evidence preserved, etc and if not why did she not do so. The laws have been getting better at protecting the victims (no matter what gender or orientation) and all reporters such as universities have stopped turning a blind eye to the victims and are now trying to support them. 

The information on what actions by-standers can take to prevent sexual abuse was helpful. Also, the behavior of victims will vary and it is important to understand that victims use different coping methods.

Very important to understand the definiton of all terms concerning this topic especially what constitutes consent.  

Prevention and Education Title 9 and VAWA Training

Understanding what is prohibited by law and getting training is essential in providing a safe campus. I belive that understanding what consent actually means is important in understanding this subject. Consent has to be voluntarily (not from mentally, physically or under age person). Past consent does not mean future consent. Consent with one person does not mean consent with another person. Withdrawing does not mean consent.

Sexual assault is a serious crime and should not be taken lightly .Thus, one should be aware of behavior, don't pressure anyone, keep communication open, know your level of comfort and cooperate in reporting this crime. 

Having students and staff understand policies of sexual harrassment, violence, and crime on and off campus is imperative as well as them knowing where to seek assistance.

Victims of sexual violence may behave differently than victime of other types of violence.  To the untrained eye a victim of sexual violence may appear to be lying (likely why it's taken SO LONG for women to be "heard" by law enforcement.  Thank God for training and the MeToo movement!!

It is important to establish consent and have an understanding what that means

This module provided some more detail and information on different types of assaults and how to categorize them (for example domestive violence). 

Make information available to faculty, students, staff.

It is important to understand the psychological impacts of sexual assualt and harassment.

It is important to create a feeling of safety. 

A bystander has the power to intervene in potential situations. Encouraging people to act is powerful and can potentially prevent harm. 

Again I agree with Sheila's comments on this issue.

It is important to know the details of what consent means.   It is key to know if an infraction has happened.

I appreciated the very specific definitions of consent.  I believe that there is a lot of misconception on this one aspect of sexual violence.

This module has been eye opening in assessing sexual misconduct on campus. This has been an ongoing concern for most institutions and how it pertains to this institutions is indeed interesting. 

I understood why anyone who will be handling cases needs to have some training because they will need to understand why the victims will be able to acting the way they are. If they do not have the training, they may misinterpret the behaviors. 

Sign In to comment