Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Additional Techniques for Presenting Value | Origin: AD112

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Best Practices in Presenting the Value of Your Institution --> Additional Techniques for Presenting Value

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

It's important to have a seemless process with no negative surprises - students need to know that you care to retain them. 

Always been in comunication with prospect, keeping them motivate and engaged.

Tone of voice is important, and I agree a good technique to keep a prospect engaged is to use their name alot while speaking to them.

The tone of your voice and body language shows that you do care and have the students best interests at heart.

Fine-tuning your process is key to making sure the whole experience for the student is seamless and smooth.

Once your student is enrolled, it's important to give them a heads-up that you will continue to check in with them prior to the first day of class and beyond.  Some students may not been expecting you going the extra mile to provide extra customer/student service, it gives you another chance to exceed their expectations.

I appreciate the term "student centered" and will remind my staff to be mindful to answer questions with this term in mind.  Showing enthusiasm even for questions we may answer several times a day is a great way to represent our institution.

Good afternoon everyone, I did enjoy this session, because it helped reinforce important skills that I need as an administrator.  One part that did stand out to me and I plan on implementing is making sure to saddress the potential student by their first name during a conversation.  I find some times potential students call just to get two or three questions answered, but now I will seize the opportunity to ask them their name, and how they heard about my school, just to build a relationship with them prior to sharing information.

Samantha

Important for the prospective student attention with energy, focus ad knowledge.

Communication is key, keep the prospect interested,build a relationship and create trust.

Communication is at the heart of building value and relationsips with departments, faculty, staff, current and prospective students. The level of energy you give on the phone can influence the response stimulated in prospects, whether negative or positive.

Dedication to each student is part of the value, we must continue to keep in contact with our students even after enrollment to keep the trust and value. 

The " Student Centric " mentality begins with the advocacy of the University and is displayed through the constant integrity of the verious departments. Communication interdepartmentally is key to creating a comfortable, cohesive, and student centril mentality. 

important to adress value makers and value destroyers

A distinctive reminder for myself is the importance of body language. Even over the phone one's body language can be felt. 

Risk and trust are directly related and affet the school's value. Make it personal!-EX. use their name 3x. TONE is important when engaging.

It's good to remember that body language still comes into play when you're on the phone and not just in person.

It is so true that presenting value does not end once the student starts attending class!  The relationship with the student exists through graduation.

Build a relationship is the key to take care of the students and gain more engagement. 

Sign In to comment