Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Mirroring tone is a good way to start but you also still need to be able to show passion about what you are speaking about, use the name to build rapport/ respect with it being more personalized, and make sure you are not distracted when speaking!

-DeeAnna

It's not always what you say, it's how you say it. Tone is everything when presenting, it helps create a seem less presentation 

Comment on Elliot Lopez's post: Orientation is a great opportunity to have positive results since they are happy and if any concern is brought to your attention , this should addressed ASAP.

100% these things for over the phone value are amazing. One of the biggest things I struggle with is how to engage over the phone. It can be super easy to answer questions, or be straight forward with the person. But to build value, add to our current value, engage with these people in a way that sets them up for success in recognizing our value. I have printed all of these out and intead to practice applying these right away. 

Admissions may be the lead in terms of attracting and enrolling prospective students, but it is an all-school effort to present value and retain students. 

I appreciate that my role is engagement with the student through start and beyond. That how I talk with them greatly impact their feelings for my institution.  

When speaking on the phone, tone of voice is very important as the person cannot see your body language. Use the prospect's name about 3 times per call, and over-deliver where you can.

Relationship building is key when it comes to gaining more engagement. 

When making phone calls making sure that your tone of voice is not monotone or sounds disinterested. Using body language even when on the phone so that you are also engaged in the conversation.

The Phone v In-Person building of value caught me attention; and challenged me to ensure that my 'voice' and 'visual' presentations have the same impact, emphasis and "wow". Made me think. 

Sign In to comment