Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Addressing Challenges | Origin: AD112

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Best Practices in Presenting the Value of Your Institution --> Addressing Challenges

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

There was a good breakdown for approaching challanges - I've used LAARC before but really like the Clarify/Acknowledge/Address/Confirm system for challenge specific approach. 

Great stuff!  I agree that sometimes a good strategy is to "set them free."  If you push too hard sometimes, it could give off the wrong vibes and result in buyer's remorse.

I acknowledge that at itmes that my school may not be the right fit for a candidate,  I always encourge the candidate to find the irght fit; afterall we are in the educaton business.

My school is not always going to be the perfect fit for every prospect based on location, price, classes offered or schedule. I always encourage my prospects to go on several tours before making a decision. 

Just listening carefully to our students

• Asking additional questions
  • Acknowledging and addressing challenges
  • Exploring options
  • Summarizing what you've heard

"Set them free" provides a great take away and sometimes helps them to see the value for themselves without being a pushy salesperson.

An Admissions Representative should always want Challenges as the more obstactles that are overcome up front makes for a stronger prospective student

Addressing challenges does not always need to be seen as a negative. When a student presents a challenge it expresses that the student is engaged and actively processing the information presented to them in hopes to understand. This gives the school institution rep an opportunity to clarify and to also be sure to incorporate "the good stuff".

As many have noted, often times your school may not be the best fit for a particular's student's needs/circumstances.  Following your student discussion all the way to that conclusion and giving them your full attention is beneficial because the student's circumstances may change in the future and because of the value you presented, they may refer friends/family who are better fits for your school.   

It is interesting to consider that challenges show that a student is considering their commitment as a real posibility.  It is an opportunity rather than the student declining the option.

Good afternoon everyone, just like many of you, I also face some challenges at my school.  Through this session, I am finding the worksheet useful to allow me to reflect and process what are some tactics I can implement to help me break down these challenges for the potential student.

Samantha

Interesting route to know how to deal with potential students who have doubts or are not clear if our academic proposal is adequate for their goals.

I have learned that you can actually turn those challenges into positive thinking and work around them . As Admissions representatives we have put youself in their place to see and understand what the student issues are, wether it would be personal problems, money, don't know if he is ready or not etc... Always present options and the values of your school. 

Listening to the prospect is very important, and help them decide how to address their challanges and assist them by allowing them more resourcefulness in creating options for them, they are many shools they could attend, I belive by giving them great servcice and a tour, also give them their space.

I never thought how when students challenge us, it's a good thing

Not everyone will be a right fit for your institution so be ready to give space and time for those who do not see value to see it or move on in making their life decisions.

It is best to embrace the challenges. We must be honest, empathetic and be able to customize solutions based on students situations or needs. Improving students resourcefulness is crucial to the succes of ethical enrollment process because it is all about them determining their best path. 

It is imperative to understand confidently the key points of your university. I alwys say that it is different to memorize something and to truly know it - once you truly know it you have the abiltiy to advocate. This is important in illuimnating the path the student will take. 

Challenges are a different way to express the value of the school.

Sign In to comment