Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Honesty, empathy, and customization lead to trust and mutual respect between the rep and the prospective student.

In coming to a solution for a student's chanllange you want to make sure the student feels they made the decision not you.

It can be challenging to have the right amount of push and pull when it comes to keeping the prospective student interested and wanting to learn more.

It's interesting to consider that challenges are a gift, since it shows that the prospective student is actively thinking about pros and cons. 

It's comforting to know that even if a student is initially uninterested;  I can still keep the relationship open and check back in.

Accept the challenge and make sure you are giving the full value of your institution. If a prospective student feels the institution is not a good fit, this is normal and rethink if you gave the prospective student the full value of the institution before they leave.

I love that we have the opportunity to think outside the box when challenges are presented. First, we have to recognize so that we know what to address. Once we know, reflect back to what is important to the prospective student, then summarize what you have heard and begin to address it. Reiterate the important values, allow them to think, and circle back shortly on what their thoughts are. Convey with confidence that these are the details we have discussed and see if they are ready to commit. Remember, if the end result is they believe it may not be a good fit - let them go and you never know when they may come back around because sometimes it ends up being timing.

-DeeAnna

Allows you to tackle all hidden objections 

Comment on Jason Chapman's post: Acknowledging and asking Key Question does help in so many ways, not only this can overcome objections it allows you to understand the prospective needs

I really enjoyed learning different ways and techniques for addressing challenging moments. Rather than just learning ways to address them, but also helpful ways to prevent them. When you are speaking with students or prospective students, it can be helpful to properly communicate with them for the purpose of clarifying their questions, but offering never before heard information on our academy. When that still leads to challenges, then there are a multitude of ways to help face them. 

Challenges are good, they let me know the student is critically thinking. Sometimes, those challenges are too severe to overcome as an admissions professional (family financial situation, academic hardship, etc.). It is not an indictment of your job performance. 

Challenges are not rejection but opportunity for you and the student to thing through issues and ensure your school is the right fit. 

Not all prospects student know exactly what they want.  I think the officer must be prepared to attend and with his presentation be able to help define himself

Challenges show that the prospect is listening to you, and is trying in their head to make things work. A challenge can be a blessing; it can be discussed and worked through. 

I appreciated the fact that sometimes "setting them free" is the best option.

Acknowledging that challenges can be of benefit to us when presenting to a student. Providing them with information that can ease those challenges. 

When the student has a challenge he is really thinking in our school  with a positive choice.

Great tools and strategies to ensure challenges are addressed in a structured-uniform manner. 

Sign In to comment