Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I've taking several of these personality quizzes myself and we have longstanding jokes in the family about each of our personality types.  I can easily spot the traits I'm most familiar with in students, but I should print the MB personality chart to refer to!

understanding personality traits allows one to see how different students communicate and express their needs. It can also help one understand why and how students come about taking certain actions when faced with events that require critical-thinking.

While completing this module I could learn more about personality models and how they could be identified. 

Personality trait tests can not only provide you with a better understanding of yourself but can help you understand the personalities of those you work with. It is helpful to understand the perspective of others through the prism of their personality traits. 

A good primer on personality traits and profiles.

This module taught me alot about the different types of personalities that everyone has. Very interestesting information and kept me very well engaged. 

It is important to understand the many personality traits in order to understand how individuals learn best. 

It is easy to only view students through an ability lens and even instructors through a pedagogical style lens. It is important however to note that the evidence before the eyes may be an indicator of personality below. Because teaching is not about changing personality, but rather presenting instruction to all personalities deeper consideration into pedagogical methods must occur.

In this module, I learned that there are different personalities that can be analyzed using different theories.  The fundamental personality trait models of Hippocrates I found to be very interesting because it associated the personality to the human body.   The other personality analysis that I understood was Keirsey's four Temperaments.  My learning these different interpretation of personalities we can understand our behavior and the behavior of our students.  This could be helpful to assist them when they are learning in an online or F2F environment.

Now I know about the true color orignator . I never knew that someone actually developed the idea. In reading I was tryin gto figure out wha tmy personality and true colors is. How interesting to be able to share this with others.

There is a common thread among all the various research, from Hippocrates and Jung to Don Lowry. Each of the research models shows the same personality types but in different ways. I find this very interesting.

Knowing the difernt Hippocrates and Jung has helped put things in perspective to what Hippocrates I am and this will let me apply these facts to my teaching skills and be aware of my own personality trails.

Pretty fascinating stuff - demonstrating again that human beings like to catalog people into slots they can relate to, giving people labels. Of the 4 models, I've only heard of MTBI.

I believe I could use this knowledge to better understand my students as individuals and what their motivators might be intrinsically. It may also help to group students in ways where their personality traits could support each other. 

It was interesting to consider the different personalities encountered in a learning environment. This is something that actively effects my everyday in person instruction and my online instruction as well.

I have learned about most of these before, but have not until now seen them combined in the True COlor profiling system. Color me intrigued!

I learned that in a classroom, you can have all different types of personalities, each with their own attributes and learning styles that works best for them.

Personality traits and learning styles are so intertwined with each other that personality shapes an important aspect of learning style.

Personality traits help predict people's behavior and their development, specifically in the academic area, knowing the behavior patterns of a person, in their role as tutor or student, helps to anticipate and understand how the person teaches or learns , relates and executes actions in favor of their own training and growth.

I have used the Myers Briggs for years in career counseling

Sign In to comment