Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

People differ in personality, temperament, and communication style

It's interesting to learn about the different theories on personality traits and temperaments and how they relate to each other. I'd like to use these not only with students but also team members and staff to better communicate, empathize and understand one another.

Understanding student personalities helps to engage them, especially in the online environment. I found it interesting, even though the tests were different, much of the results are similar. For example, many of the result explanations overlap. This is helpful to know when creating a diverse learning environment.  

I've always been interested in personality traits and functions, but I wasn't aware of some of these or their correlation to each other. This will allow me to speak the language of the different frameworks better to best connect with others.

Understanding personality traits enable good relationships between instructor and students.

I found Jung's work (already familiar through Myers-Briggs) and Kiersey's to be most informative; whereas, the color schemes seemed more convoluted to me.

How interesting to categorize students personal traits using colors. It is useful to understand how each student with various traits can have different and unique learning experience in the class.

Comment on Mary Ann Cirone's post: I agree that understanding the difference in personality traits can help us identify different learning methods that will help guide and shape different students more effectively.  Some may respond to honey and idealistic, whereas, others need to understand the rules and comply. 

It is challenging to find a happy medium between an Instructor's personality and teaching style and the students who have an assortment of preferred learning styles.

I had no idea there was so many different types. This is so much new and helpful information

Sign In to comment