Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

As educators we are tasked to design a delivery model that works for all learning personalities. This requires expertise in understanding personality traits in a meaningful way.  While the ideal situation would include personality trait assessments for both educators and learners, in reality, we must rely on more practical interventions such as ensuring that we engage students in the learning process in a way that allows for each to leverage their personal strengths.  

i.e. “students who possess blue personality traits like to help others, so group activities can help meet the needs of multiple student color types. Group projects that are well organized help gold students show leadership and get the job done well, and give blue students a chance to be cooperative rather than competitive. When group projects are designed to be active and entertaining, yet flexible, orange students thrive. If group projects are appropriately designed, green students can be challenged as greens see knowledge as power.”

As a personal preference, I provide learners with several choices for approaching most of my course activities. My goal is to get them to meet the learning objective. How they get there is their choice.  I find this to work well in most situations.

I understand what they are trying to get across in this module; however, I'm struggling to figure out how to please every student in some standardized way. Especially students that I will probably never even see in person. 

This is helpful because teaching different students with various personality traits can be difficult if you are unable to identify them. Also, putting students in groups and having them work on group assignments can also be difficult. However helping students to understand themselves and others may provide a more productive outcome.

I agree. Personality types can accomplish the tasks better suited for their personality type. I used to follow this same strategy with employees at the grocery store I managed. The Smokers were excellent cleaners, while the nonsmokers were better at ringing up customers at the registers without many breaks. Smokers could smoke as much as they wanted. It seemed to be a win-win. 

Intersting topic and great to think about when preparing to instruct or lead a class.  To meet the learning needs and learning styles of all students although sounding impossible, is very possible with the right knowledge base and understanding of these concepts.

It is important for instructors to be attentive to learners personalities in order to be effective in our teaching and help students to set learning goals. Instructors ahould practice open communicationand set cklear goals for students.

This seems very idealistic.  I do not have the opportunity to assess my student's personality traits, nor do I have the flexibility or time to tailor assignments to each students' personal needs.  Great concept, but how could you demonstrate proficiency and attainment of learning objectives without some level of standardization?

One thing that I have taken from this module is to be open and creative when creating project assignments that will meet the content objectives. Allowing varying assignments that meet the needs of the different colors is how we can make the online course engaging and exciting for the online learner. 

While completing this module I aknowledge the importance in identifing traits both in us as instructors as of students, in order to be more assertive in the design, implementation and evaluaion of a course.

An interesting review and discussion on personality traits for consideration.

I learned that we, as instructors, need to know the different types of personality traits that our students will have. This way we can better understand them and do better as a instructors. 

Creating a well-rounded and thoughtful course touching the needs of each of the student types is certainly the first step in the process. How students complete early projects is an indicator in itself of the type of student and how to help them excel in future assignemnts.

This has been a good learning platform. I have gained some valuable knowledge and understand how and why some studetns are successful and some are not. Learning styles , true colrs and personality traits are all connected and helps promote a good learning environment. Instructors have a role to play in educating students, and leaarning about the personality traits will help guide us through and also help the student succeed which is th eultimate goal.

Trying to incorporate assessments that can fit the varied personality types will lead to high-esteem and better performance/

This whole course was very informative and I learn a lot about myself as well as my students. I will definitely take what I have learned and incorporate it in my teaching.

I like the survey to post in my Introductory announcements forum to take the place of a personality trait test.

It is so important to make a connection to the students personality traits. They need to feel like valued members of the learning community. 

It's important to give students the opportunity to grow self-confidence by allowing them to do things that best suit their personality traits without straying from the learning objective

instructor practices linked with student perception of relational characteristics and pedagogical characteristics appeared to be most related to student perceptions of instructor support. This suggests that instructors should attend to the way they interact with students and how they are conveying support via their instruction.

When learning activities are planned, it is recommended that the tutor take into consideration the types and personality traits of the students, knowing how they learn and how students interact with knowledge and their peers will promote academic success.
Sign In to comment