Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

True colors helps us understand our students personalities to help them more in class.

I'm definitely a mix of all of the colors.

Each color has a distinct learning style. This is extremely useful information to have when developing courses and related activities.

Greens need freedom to explore topics that interest them. 

Oranges need to have fun and excitement. 

Green and orange students may be at risk for not having their needs met in the traditional lecture-based learning model. They have difficulty with structure and lectures. These students would not thrive in a rigid lock step delivery model.

It seems that the traditional eduation world is geared toward the gold and blue students. I would strive to create activities that would appeal to both sides of the spectrum.

As I was learning these TC personality colors, I was trying to identify people I know that would belong with each of these colors. I believe, I am definitely blue. I always have motivational quotes posted on my white board on my office wall, so people passing by could feel inspired as they read them. I love doing lectures on communication and leadership psychology, so this is right up my alley.

I think, Steve Jobs would be a good example of Green personality trait? What do you think?

This concept was easier to learn than others. I think it is because the personality colors already fit our perceptions of what those colors represent. 

i find my color. which makes sense to me.

I loved identifying my personality color and found that I may lie on two different spectrums. I am going to extend this technique to my students in hopes they find it just as exiting as I did. I think it is difficult to put people in a box when you factor culture into the mix, however this was a great start and was more spot on than not.

I'm blue and orange. I am aware of what my best and worst qualities can affect my teaching. 

Simply different colors reflect different personality types and characteristics.  Easy to think of in these terms with each olor being assigned various traits that are associated to the individual.

I enjoyed learning about the different color type personalities. It is a great tool to have as an instructor.  Blue can be emotional, withdrawn; Green can be impatient, tends to make things more complex; Orange can be disinterested in routine and loud;Gold can be self rightious, needing responsibility. In learning the various color types I will try and match the personalities of some of my students. This is a good tool to use within the educational process.

I agree with the previous post that this over simplifies people and their charateristics. I think most people will have a blend of personality color types.  

Learning about the true colors I have learned to understand the strenghths that each of us brings to the table. Reinforcing the idea that a good team is made of varying traits, skills, personalitites. These all help the synergy of a team excel in the goals they must accomplish. 

In this module I learned and anylize even myself with the true color system traits. Very interesting!

True colors is another way to categorize personality traits---I think, like many others, I am a mix of at least two colors.

With regard to "True Colors" all I kept thinking about was Cyndi Lauper. But I digress....

Learning about the true colors of personality was very interesting and taught me alot about myself. Great tool to use for the students. 

This section really helps me to consider the working relationship with other faculty more than understanding the student. The approaches to lesson plans, adaptation, the way in which students respond to these various personalities, and the way in which the various personalities interact during meetings is all a little clearer. 

I have learnt now why some people behave th eway they do. Colors do matter in their traits. I am with the Blue color people and nto even knowing this before got it down to the T

In this module I learned about the True Colors method of identifying personalities based on: Blue, Gold, Green and Orange.  It was interesting to identify myself and my family members using this spectrum and how accurate it is.  I will use this method to understand my students personalities better and to enhance their learning.

I learned what colors I am and they really fit me.

Sign In to comment