Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I find this emphasis on TC a little disheartening.  The authors of this course have decided that this is the model that we need to know for online teaching.  We have little to no visual cues of the students who we teach yet we'll be able to classify them based on dealing with them a handful of hours/week.  I think if I was working a job in a company with a manager and numerous peers/colleagues, I can see this being applied. 

It is interesting to asses which personality traits I possess as well as those of my students and how we will interact in the most effective manner to take full advantage of our virtual setting. 

It's interesting to see how each personality trait is unique and how they are all almost juxtaposing one another

Blue, Gold, and Orange colors of the True Colors personality traits influence student learning in the classroom. By understanding the relationship between a student’s personality and his or her success in the classroom, an instructor can enhance student learning.

Understanding true colors personality traits specifically describes four different ways of perceiving life and according to this how the individual acts. Acknowledging strengths, weaknesses, needs, and stressors helps to understand the person. 

I feel I am a blue personality type

Comment on Tom Hayes's post: Comment on Jay Frank's post: Great comment. 

In high school, we had done the TC test and found our colors and general descriptions of the traits. However, there was not a break down of strengths, weaknesses, needs and what could differ between one's own perception of themselves versus what others perceive. If we incorporate this, it will good to discuss each color more thoroughly.

I really like the concept of learning our own color to be able to be perceived by students the way we truly intend.

As I read through the true color assessment it is my understanding that we are not all one color type. 

This section definitely did a much better job of defining the color traits so that these concepts no longer seem convoluted to me. All of these personality typing methods must show a measure of flexibility since I do believe that most people don't fall neatly into just one category.

I always felt that to be an effective leader, you must first know thy self.  Understanding what motivates you does not necessarily equate to what would motivate others.  In addition, understanding your weaknesses can help mitigate future stressors. 

By understanding true color personalities , you'll be aware of strengths, weaknesses, and the type of atmosphere people would thrive best in.

Sign In to comment