Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It is very important to communicate to the student whether or not text language is allowed in the microblogging assignment.

It is very important to set oout the peramiters of the posting and how it must be done for the evaluation up front. The learners must know the frame work they are using and how it will be evaluated.

I tend to use micrblogging for discussion or evaluation with my students. With the "slack" in language and writing, I wouldn't use it when needed to address grammar, punctuation, and other mechanics in writing.

Microblogging is a perfect tool to share information in a dynamic way, which allows students to share their knowledge. In a short time you can receive digestive information and apply it.

Microblogging can be used by Instructors to engage students in an Online Learning Community. As with other methods of assessment and evaluation, it is important to include a Rubric to let students know what is expected and how they will be graded. 

I never thought using microbloging to complement my online classes.

I appreciate the rubrics that help students stay on track. It also helps the instructor know what is being completed by the student.

This section was about an introduction to Microblogging, content development & policy, and suggested activities. The module discusses what micoblogging is and gives examples of types of microblogging. The one that I recognize is Twitter and Edmodo. I learned how to develop content and use it with Twitter. The module gave several suggested activities. I plan to integrate Twitter in my class in the technology section and have the students follow a business person and share with the class.

Microblogging can be a very useful online tool and a great way to get information out as well as in.  It is alway a geat way to keep the commucation going and having students involved.

When microblogging one should attempt to incorporate purpose, learning outcomes, and evaluation. Social networking sites available for use include twitter and facebook. When students microblog, they are able to streamline their thinking process due the limit of characters they can use when writing a summary. 

I plan on utilizing Twitter for course reminders, suggestions, short concise discussion of said topics, for the ability to follow relevant tweets.

I like how writing competencies are in view in the use of microblogging. It seems counterproductive however to use text language. With some students, it's difficult to keep texting language out of academic essays, and so I am not sure that I would want to go this route. That said, writing complete and concise (and compelling ) copy in 280 words or less is a skill that should be developed.

In a microblogging environment texting language is allowed.

I had no idea that microblogging was being introduced into teaching but sounds very helpful. I do think the students will adhere to it for the first reason being it will be okay to use text language. 

Microblogging in my opinion, are answers that are concise and to the point. In other words, giving a character limit is basically letting the student know they need to give the facts and answer what ever the question is straight forward. At the same time, the online instructor needs to be specific in with what they are asking so students know exactly what to focus on and not feel that their is too much information to share and have a limit on it.

This is excellent.

"Edmodo is a site that allows users to establish a class microblogging network where only those in the course can post, share, and critique each other’s ideas. This provides an opportunity for the online instructor to have students share information in a secure site and facilitate the development of providing constructive criticism. Other microblogging sites may be set up in a similar fashion. When students feel that their comments are only being read and responded to by their peers, many times the facilitation of the conversation is not as difficult as they feel comfortable in that secure environment."

I intend ti use this.

Thanks

I thought the information about TweetDeck was interesting -- in terms of research for class material moreso than for use in the classroom. I do not think microblogging will be a part of any of the courses I teach, but it was interesting to think about.

Nancy Tosh

I learned about microblogging. I thought of multiple ways to help my younger students stay focused. They ofthen get so fidegity in the traditional classroom. 

I was not aware of Tumblr and Edmodo

Students can focus on particular topics and contribute their ideas/opinion.  I also like that students can review other posts to see what their peers are thinking and perhaps take away valuable information from reading other continent that comes up through further engagements.

Sign In to comment