Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The microblogging is a form of blogging using short text messages, Twitter is an example. Instructors can use it to disseminate knowledge to the students faster as they don't have to login to their LSM. As instructors, we need to make sure that adding microblogging tools will enhance learning. To use it effectively. We can utilize microblogging tools to assess students learning.

I would love some suggestions for blogging sties that owrk well for middle school students as i would love to start a blog component to my class. 

Microblogging on Twitter is something I have not heard of nor ever considered in a course.  Given the proliferation of Twitter use and the affinity college-aged students have for the platform this could increase engagement rates and allow for unique and interesting assignments.  I believe there would need to be strict policies and procedures in place before implementing it to prevent ‘twitter wars’ or inappropriate postings.  However, overall I think it is an interesting concept.

I think this is a very beneficial method for students as it's using social media (which they already spend a lot of time on) and is helping them learn and encourages discussion of related material.

This will be very accessible for younger students.

The information on microblogging as well as the different media sites that can be used was very useful information.

I learned what a microblog is and how it could be used to get to the point. 

Microblogging is what most millenials are probably comfortable with. It is exciting to see the possibilities and different uses of these microblogging sites. I'm glad a rubric was introduced and how it can be modified for microblogging. 

Microblogging is basically a medium that allows the user to broadcast short messages. This provides users an opportunity to exchange brief content about specific or general topics. Microblogs may be used to allow for the quick distribution of brief information, collaboration, threaded discussions, and more.  Twitter is probably the most well-known microblog and has been used effectively in marketing and public relations as social media marketers use it to their benefit to develop business. 

Microblogging can be used in the class for a quick responce system and also engadging tool for those that do not like to speak up.

Microblogging forces students (and myself) to be succinct and concise due to word limitations.

Microblogging is a very helpful tool for online classes. 

Microblogging can be very useful and it's an interesting way to get information out. 

Microblogging is a great way to keep the commucation going and having students involved.

I need to figure out how to use it to engage my students at a deeper level in Bloom's Taxonomy.

Microblogging is an excellent way to get immediate feedback from students about the course, assignments, etc. 

Microblogging can be a useful tool in adding a new level of interaction in an online class. As with all other new tools, being intentional about use, having a plan, good follow through and clear expectations is essential to its success.

I have learned to always think about the purpose and response.

The benefits of microblogging are endless. I've used Twitter in the classroom (both as a student and instructor) and have found it to be an engaging tool for active learning and teaching.

This was a very informative lesson. I liked how the lesson reiterated the importance of adapting the lesson so the use of social media will be beneficial.

Sign In to comment