Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files
In this module I have learned the roles of microblogging in the area of ​​education. I will apply good examples of Tweets and Tweets in my online courses so that students improve and understand what is expected of them.

I think that Microblogs help students and help us to focus their thoughts as they must be brief and to the point due to the 280 character limit.

In this module Ive learned about microblogging... blog from another perspective. I also learnd different ways to evaluate and assess this activity.

Microblogging is a good way to communicate and deliver the information

I had not realized this was being used and I can see all of the benefits of implementing this in the online classrooms.

An interesting read and perspective.

I would like to have the microblogging added into the presentations the students present. 

Microblogs are used to involve students instead of developing an inactive classroom

I don't see an application of microblogging in my courses.  We use Moodle and Zoom - and perhaps we're doing that without realizing it. 

I was surprised to learn how much microblogging is utlized in the academic setting! I do believe it can give instructors insight into their students, and find this resourcce to be beneficial, as well, for building rapport and relationship.

Microblogging can help students learn to quickly and coherently express thoughts and ideas. This is an important skill in the medical field in particular cause you often have little time to explain and have to be quick and concise

Since we try to post daily announcements for the online students geared towards class to career path, i would use Linkedin as a microblogging tool. LinkedIn is a social media platform geared towards business professionals, but it nonetheless has a powerful microblogging arm. Not only can you use LinkedIn's publishing functionality to post articles, but you can also use status updates for short-form microblogs. With these status updates, you can share a photo, video, event, or link... or you can choose to publish something longer form. Everything you share or engage with can then be found on your profile under "Activity."

Students should have the adequate and required computer technology necessary for all types of online communication(s). 

I can see the use of Twitter in the online classroom as an opportunity for students to take advantage of microblogging, but also as an opportunity for students to follow professionals in their field of study.  This could be a valuable learning tool.

Joyce Hladky, Instructor

Reply to Solano Baron's post:

right on!

I appreciated the sample rubric! 

Microblogging can be a useful tool for students and instructors

Instructors may use microblogging to:

• Tweet reminders of or changes in due dates or upcoming assignments.
  • push out sample quiz or test questions. This can be done effectively as a test review session.
  • take a poll of students’ opinions.
  • post a definition and ask students to respond with the correct vocabulary word. Extra credit may be provided to the first student who responds.
  • and many more

However, students may use microblogs to:

• ask questions pertaining to the course, assignments, or projects.
  • conduct a discussion about course content.

Use microblogging to:

• Tweet reminders of or changes in due dates or upcoming assignments.
  • push out sample quiz or test questions. This can be done effectively as a test review session.
  • take a poll of students’ opinions.
  • post a definition and ask students to respond with the correct vocabulary word. Extra credit may be provided to the first student who responds.
  • any many more

Students may use microblogs to:

• ask questions pertaining to the course, assignments, or projects.
  • conduct a discussion about course content.

Microblogging can be very useful. I will consider using it, but it will depend on the makeup of the class.

Sign In to comment