Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Rubrics is a special tool to be used to keep the students on task

Using videos and other media definitely enhances the learning experience for students.

Comment on Lesley Fielding's post: Agree 100%.  All students come to you with different levels of capabilities.  As such, evaluating the rubrics every so often should occur.

I learned more about the education-specific platforms instructors can use in addition to the mainstream hosting and sharing media. While, my schooling integrated certain mainstream planforms, I hadn't realized the sills they helped build. Even though I may not use the specific topics in daily life at the moment, the tech and media skills can now be applied in other real-life and career scenarios. 

There are more sites that can be used as Media hosting sites than I ever realized.

I am fascinated and excited to use media hosting platforms in my instruction. I am a huge fan of "knowledge creation" among students and utilizing social media will assist in that objective.  I really appreciate the guidance on creating a general rubric with assessment considerations that can be modified as needed.  I also see using social media in course work as an opportunity to shape student behavior in their personal use.  Having clear "rules" or "expectations" in the academic setting will enable students to develop the "muscle memory" to execute constructive, civil, positive actions and behaviors in their personal use.

CTC

Implied.. Any method of assessing the effectiveness , has to be tailored to the the student makeup and background. Most of my instruction is multinational. Language, culture, religion, impacts the methods and the resources that have to be considered for each country

Blogs can be utilized by students as media hosting and sharing sites where we can evaluate their writing skills. I assign blogs to student for their online jornals.journals

I'm curious to implement social media more into my classroom.

I've learned to be creative but purposeful in the use of media! 

Students can create material and post while learning from the peers posts.  Technical ability can be expected. 

Make sure the platform can be used to put the proper content for the students on it. 

It's important to remember to use rubrics when utilizing media hosting.  This enables the instructor to have a basic format and shows the students what is expected of them.

Sign In to comment