Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

When assessing Social Media interactions it is important to teach students what is expected, and the use of a Rubric can show students exactly what is being asked of them. 

Sharing is so important in the digital world, but collaborative sharing is more important at least to me eyes, Gdrive is very good for that but I am going to check the other suggestions.

Finding the best media for the class is the important first step. Also, make sure you are not breaching any confidentiality issues. The creation also establishes a rubric to measure the success of students. Feedback and continued improvements are equally important.

I learned about the types of media hosting and sharing, assessment in media hosting and sharing, activities in media hosting and sharing. I plan to implement digital portfolios. I will use the suggested rubric in the module.

As with any lesson the use of rubrics is good, however, it depends on the actual assignment & students in the class.  Using media hosting and sharing sites also helps remove barriers to learning such as socio-economic barriers, physical distance, learning disabilities, and even language barriers.  This allows the students a sense of freedom.

Media hosting and sharing can be a gray-area in terms of assesment. You must use different methods of grading for diffferent situations. Media hosting and sharing sites should be used with the goal of improving a student's comprehension of the material. Peer reviewing and rubrics are great grading tools for different kinds of media. 

Media hosting sites are a great way to media in various formats that can be shared and discussed in the social network.

It stands out to me as important that the best way to utilize hosting tools and the assignment development depends on the assignment and desired outcomes. With security-conscious universities, there is a tendency to want to contain all content and interactions under the umbrella of an LMS or software controlled by one company. This practice does a disservice to students in that they are having the best experience but they are also not building a variety of competencies. 

After utilizing the media, students should take a quiz to assess what they have learned. 

Consider activities to develop utilized in the traditional, face-to-face (F2F) classroom and discover ways to transform them into activities appropriate for the online environment.

I learned that including social commentary can be very helpful in a students ability to learn and will engage others to follow. 

What I gathered from Media Hosting and sharing is that it can definitely be a plus because students and online instructors can use a variety of tools to further their education in the online world. From online presentations, sharing videos through different sites and allowing students to interact with one another. But along with media hosting and sharing comes difficulties. Both, instructors and students need to be cautious of copyright rule and regulations. It is very important that students are providing their own work.

The most compelling reason to use the sites is for sharing information. This has important implication for teaching and learning.

This material was not all that useful because I am pretty much restricted to the LMS and the school's website -- so hosting my own site is not an option. The material on various channels on YouTube and other great sources for teachers and students was valuable. I use YouTube a lot and have a number of favorite channels. My own videos are there as well.

Nancy Tosh

I learned that there are multiple optios available to extend the classroom. It is important to follow the guidleines to avoid trouble later on. 

I was not aware of teacher's Tube which I will look into

I attend to increase my knowledge of online media to begin to do more distant teaching.

In this module, I have learned that rubrics should be designed in language that describes the difference between excellent performance and poor performance. I will apply rubrics that include scaled descriptions to my online courses to help students understand expectations and the difference between mastery and underperformance.

I think yhat one of the most important tools for student inventory skills is the correcto use of a Portfolio web based tool. The student needt to know how much? what? levels? of skills adoption or experiences.

In thie module Ive learned the importance of having media policy for all students, staff, and instructors, activities that can be approroate and sites for media hosting and sharing. 

Sign In to comment