Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Blogs and Wikis can be used in classes but must be monirotred, have thoughtful preperation, and thoughtful assessment.

The "Media Hosting and Sharin" module is very informative.  I learned a lot from reading it such as:

1. use the media hosting site if it helps in learning and linked to the outcomes.
  2. use the media effectively to enhance the learning process.
  3. the different tools and techniques that we can utilize to assess an online assignment, for example, how to assess the active listing.
  4. best practices in using these sites.
  5. thigs that we should be aware of, for example, the copyright or if the sites contain ads.
  6. we should review the course materials such as content, syllabus, learning outcomes, assignments, etc..., to see how these sites can be used most effectively and efficiently.  

With online learning, you must be flexible and keep an open mind.

Some ways to integrate media hosting and sharing in the classroom could include video blogging.  Students can upload content, or review and discuss content uploaded by other users and add another dimension to the topics addressed in the course.  Tumblr is a good blogging site, which creates opportunities for connections outside the classroom as well.  Some potential issues include the tendency of students, and posters in general, to only advertise their ‘perfect’ self in online posts.  Another good application, as mentioned in the lecture material, is for students to create digital portfolios.  These can prove helpful after graduation and when they are looking for a job by using these portfolios to help them stand out.

Rubrics: it depends.

When uploading media to the hostng and sharing sites the instructor must be careful not to violate copyright laws.

Assingments should be brief, understandable, accessible and jargon free. 

The rubrics should be detailed enough so that the assessments are hel[ful and diagnostic, and the rubric should be provided with the assignment.

I learned that there is multple sites that help with online learning and how using the rubrics help the students be succesful in completeing thier task by measuring themselves with the rubric,

Media hosting and sharing sites provide an opportunity to supplement or enhance any course.

Using ruberic is always helpful and standard. 

Video sharing can really help explain harder concpets in the course and using it to share on a social platform is a great idea. Howeve rmake sure all videos and information that is shared is useful, and follows grading standards. Peer evaluations is great on rubrics. 

I learned that it is okay to allow the students to be involved in the process so that they take ownership.

Using Rubrics to evaluate social media promotes expertise.

I feel as though a lot of the references to media hosting sites is almost obsolete now. It just goes to show how quickly technology and social media changes and evolves. Google has created an amazing platform with the Google Suite that covers most of the resources in one place. It is good to consider other ways of posting and retrieving information.

I learned that a general rubric works when assesing students work on social media.

Rubrics are beneficial because it helps student to know and understand how they will be graded. They also can be edited depending on the social media platform used and task. 

Rubrics should vary depending on the assignment and the intended objective.  Peer evaluation and self reflection are important also.

flexibility and rubrics  seem to be the best way to go, and try to prevent problems before they start.

With any lesson, rubrics should fit the need of the task at hand with some flexiblity. Just from personal teaching experience, rubrics should be geared towards the ultimate goal of the activity.

Sign In to comment