Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

As an instructor, it is important to understand the differences between intrinsic and extrinsic motivation. Knowing what motivates students will give me a valuable tool of understanding that will help me help my students. Knowing how students are motivated will allow me to use the correct resources and tools to help each student. I can essentially customize the help I give my students.

The student's readiness has multiple parts. The access and abilities with technology, their experience in learning systems, and their time management and self-motivation. While none of these can be taken for granted, the third aspect is one that I find students are often ill-prepared for. In the home, some have no model of ongoing self-education or continuing education from which to learn, nor do they have in-home coaches and support systems that underline the importance of and the practical necessities when it comes to keeping up with concrete let alone abstract commitments. Much needs to be done relative to time-management and motivation with students. 

As an online teacher it is necessary to assess you and your students for any weaknesses and to address those weaknesses. Have students understand the importance of time management to complete their work and to provide motivation to the students.

poor time management and making students understand how procrastination will negatively impact there grades are important for the instructor to remind students. Instructors must change up delivery methods regulary To keep students actively engaged

Every student is a fingerprint all the same yet have their own uniqeness one has to discover where each individuals weakness is one needs to be ready to adjust to the circumstances without compromising the end result which is to have your student ready for the real world

Instructors should also assess their own readiness to teach an online course. When assessing the online readiness of students, see what is already out there available for use. Be sure to focus on strengths and provide tools and resourceses to strengthen weaknesses in students. Ensure it is clearly communicated that if a student has a disability, who should be contacted.

Online students require just as much assistance and instruction as face to face students

Students need to understand how much time and effort it takes to learn online. 

On a general note, as an online instructor one must have a clear path on what and how you will be instructing online students. This, not only to keep them engaged but also to help them find motivation and  keep them motivated to ensure their success from start to finish.

Time management is the issue I run into all of the time with students. They don't allow themselves enough time to properly complete the material. Our classes used to be 6 hours before our online model launched and now they just come to campus to test and perform hands on lab tasks after reviewing the online content. I tell my students to carve out the same amount of time as if they were on campus like before. You have 3 hours of online work and 3 hours of campus work. It has been working out better preparing my students. This model works extremely well when teaching new students.

As the online instructor set the tone early what is expected from your students as online learners. You need a work space you can focus, you need the right techology, you need to dedicate time to the course, more reading will be required, follow the code of conduct when communicating. It's a lot of expectation at first but once a student becomes an active and engaged online learner, it becomes second nature. 

As an online instructor it is important to review my existing online readiness and that of my students. I need to think about my specific course, technology and assignments and prepare for it, as this may help me identify the kind of online students I am teaching; including those with learning disabilities.

I learned that students may come with different reading, writing and technical abilities, therefore it is crucial to get to know your student needs and their abilities. 

I have learnt from this course that there are different factors that can dictate the sucess of an online studnet. Self-motivation allows a learner to become determined in terms of completing all online courses, attending chat groups and meeting the requirements and policies of online classes. Time management allows students to avoid missing any online classes that are relevant. 

It is important as the online instructor to design your instruction for an audience that reaches all learners. In addition, it is important to motivate all students so that they will be successful in their online course. Finally, as an online instructor, it is my responsibility to encourage my students to think of time management as an essential resource in succeeding in the online class. 

i intend to creare a survety to grt a feel as to how each of my students learn.

Time management is key to the students 

Preparation is key to any success. The better prepared the instructor, the more detailed the students will be.

Knowning about intrinsic motivation and extrinsic motivations of students helps me identify the needs that certain students may have. I've always felt that students were different in what really helps them get through the school work. Knowing and being able ot identify these specific traits helps me find ways that caters to their motivational styles. 

I learned the importance of accomodating my lessons to my students, especially those who suffer from disabilities. Time management and motivation are key! Setting goals for my students will help their time managment and the satisfactory feeling from good grades is sure to benefit them by improving their motivation. 

Sign In to comment