Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

This module brought up a great point. That online learning is not the easy way out, it takes a lot of dedication.

Online classes need to be structured and the instructor needs to keep in mind how much time students will be spending on assignments, material, etc. 

Student disabilities something to be aware of.  Perhaps a student has a learning deficit that has been undiagnosed, and has been labelled or sadly, self-labeled as dumb or a bad-test-taker.  Identifying the students early with an evaluation is a good idea to get the resources needed.

hELLO 

I do believe that a survey questionnaire is a good tool for preparation in the new eviorment of both on line and F2F learning, i am currenting using both technique.

The biggest things I got  out of this module, is acknowledging time management for the students and making accomadations to students

Remote learning still requires an interaction between the teacher and their students, our subject matter expertise must not be devalued because we are not face to face.

Instructors should analyze their teaching style, strengths, and weaknesses. It is important to acknowledge them, utilize them, and, if necessary, improve upon them to become a better teacher in the online environment.

I learned that sef analysis is important for the student as well as the instructor in order to assess online success.

I learned that setting expectations is cruical to a students sucess at the beginning of each class. In addition, my students with disabilities may need more formative feedback before assignments are due to increase there level of understanding and success.

Cheryl

Teaching on;ine courses are demanding of the student and we must prepare them to succeede by helping them create time lines and study schedules. They will need guidence and probably an ocassional nudge to keep them moving and make sure they are succeccful.

i have found that the students will do the online work when they realize that you are monotoring their progress. Getting online and responding to their posts also shows them that you are interested in their progress.

One of the courses I have taught is an online readiness or college readiness course and this unit reminded me a great deal of the material covered in those courses. I like the idea of an entree exam for students, so that we would know, from the beginning, what areas are problematic.

Nancy Tosh

Online classes can require just as much time and perhaps even more time than a face to face course. It is impotant a student has both the discipline required and the organization skills needed to be a successful on line learner.

Online may not be a good option for students that tend to procrastinate or that have very busy personal lives. Online may also be much more challenging for students with dyslexia and ADHD. It is important to make student expectations clear in the LMS. The online/technology knowledge surveys are are great idea.

Anyone can learn online. As intructors, we must give them the tools to do so. 

IT is important to take a self-analysis for not just the students but for the instructors as well. Time management also plays a key role in a successful online course as it can take 10-20 hours to create an hour presentation. While things may be time consuming the first time, you can reuse them again next time you teach the course. 

AS I am just beginning out, there is quite alot of material that I have been trying to obsorb, so I observe the students I have and think about their different skills , it makes me aware of the skills that I'm working towards myself, so i'll keep an open mind ,try to remember as much as I can , give it some time

Self-analysis can be an effective tool for anyone engaged in an online learning environment - whether instructor or student! It helps us examine our strengths and how they can be applied to online course structures.

Online learners provider a different learning challenge. Educators must be aware of their limits when it comes to online teaching. 

The online learning enviroment is very different from face 2 face, as an insructor I need to know the students needs and help them achieve their goals.

Sign In to comment