Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Effective communication is essential for the online environment. Technology tools are specifically designed as communication tools.

Two really helpful take aways from this module are the idea that using too many tools can hinder communication and that evaluation of the tools being used should be both formative and summative. I work as an instructional coach and am developing PD to help teachers reflect on the tools that they used when we had to transition to remote learning very quickly because of the Covid 19 shut down and how those tools can continue to be used in their classrooms. Both of these ideas are helpful for me in shaping how that PD could look.

The lesson was informative.  Even though I've used email for years and often, parents may not check their email so the message is either delayed or not read at all.  Phone calls have benefits and disadvantages, too, such as poor connection.  It is wise to consider appropriate ways to communicate with students and their parents.  I find asking which they prefer helps a great deal.

There are several tech based communication tools for small groups, large groups, and social networking... You need to collect datta fro students to see what is working and what is not as far as the tech communication goes

It is important to recognize technology tools in the communication process while examineing specific functions of a technology tool to facilitate good communication.  I will also implement efficient assessment tools.

I have learned that it will be a constant effort in order to make sure the students progress.  The technology tools will have to be assessed frequently.

Staying conected with the students is important. There are many different ways to communicate with students (individual or group) as for as technology. 

I've learned that the variety of purposes the technology tools must be carefully investigated and analyzed for effectiveness. I need to carefully match a function(s) of the tools I use to a specific purpose in my content.  The importance of teaching students rules and expectations of communicating with the tools is key to the beginning of the online course. Equally important is to assess their ease of use and effectiveness both formatively and summatively by both teacher and student. 

It looks to me that a social network group site may be the way to get good feedback .

I'm learning that there is many different types of technology based tools that help with student communication and engagement. Some of the tools are newer and still are in the working stages to see if it's something that can be used.

Implementing the various forms of technology into the course is essential for student success. Many students today spend a lot of time on line and using different social media outlets so having the ability to use them as part of the course would be beneficial. 

There are different types of tools that can be used for communicating. Also the technology tool needs to be in an informative and summative formats. In essence the technology should be easy to use by both the instructo and student. I am currently trying different methods out  on my classes at this point and time. I have found that students will respond differently to the technology methods. I think this has to do with what experience they have or have had with technology.

Communication is very important in the onlin learning process and it involves all of us not just the students. It is important to set the standards on day one so students know what the line of communication is expected of them and their fellow classmates and the instructor. I know from experience if there is a break in that communication things can go wrong. It is also important to stress the correct line of communication that is acceptable in the classroom.

When doing anything in our world we have to have the correct tools that will help us accomplish our goals.  To have this we must do our research on each and make sure that it will get the desired outcome.  When working in an online class, I will make sure that I investigate all the tools available to me and use the ones that fit my personality and my student's learning.  I have not used some of the learning tools that have been mentioned but they sound like they would be a great learning experience for certain types of learners.

I have learned that there are several different methods to interact and communicate with students. I have also learned that the effectiveness of communication must be assessed throughout the course and evaluted and the end of the module.

I learned about how technology tools can be used to communicate with students and enhance education.

I have learned to try several technological platforms (first) to ensure that it is a great fit for effective communication with my students. I will also survey my students at the conclusion of the course using several questions suggested within this module. This will enable me to make changes (if necessary) with my technology choices.

Feedback is very important and allows instructor to assess and make changes as needed.

What I have learned is that, technology have is great great tool to have and it's part to the learning environment is very critical the student learning process. For CTE teacher depending on what subject being taught. Technology in the classsrom and online can be a advantage to both. Learning how to effectively use technology is a process and learning behavior that must be taught now, to better assist the student and teacher to deliver the lesson with understanding as the main goals. Basic guideline and review, also help the instructor the rule and guideline to better manage the process to response and send imformation to the students to stay engaged.I myself have to evaluate what I need to teach my class with technology, when in the past hand-on application with some technology would assist in the learning.

I learned that it is important for students to know how to communicate online. Technology is very helpful in this task.

Sign In to comment