Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Creating a dynamic syllabus gives students the direction they need to be successful. Using all tools available, scaffolding, creates a learning envrionment designed for success.

The syllabus is a key component of a course. It must be complete and dynamic in order for students to understand course objectives and expectations clearly.

When I first heard of "dynamic syllabus" I thought it was a misnomer, because the syllabus needed to be static and on PDF so there wouldn't/couldn't be revisions. Now I understand it "provides an opportunity for students to interact with the information," particularly important in this covid environment.

Dynamic syllabus to catch their attention and scaffolding so you can climb to your objective and reach out and grab the knowledge needed to continue your quest for the correct answer to your modules

I believe providing clear instructions in the syllabus and designing both synchronous and asynchronus learning activities to promote scaffolding are the biggest takeways for me! 

The concept of scaffolding rang true with me.  We always think about what they have learned prior but what a way to describe it to the students and remind them that they have built the foundation and continue to build and grow on what they have learned.  

I have always felt that scaffolding is important in any learning environment.  I have always had good communication with the majority of my classes, however there are always some who do not want to talk or participate.  I have to find ways to encourage and bring those students into the discussions.  

I learned the importance of utilizing all learning elements in the online course in order to develop students' learning scaffolds.

The importance of scaffolding to help students learn new concepts and assimilate the course learning objectives.

I have learned about using different communication tools and electronic tools in order to communicate effectively with students. The instructor will be the one leading the communication and must be clear on instructions. These instructions should be included in the course syllabus.

Scaffolding is important piece to delivery of instruction using students prior knowledge. 

That learning should be centered on the students and that there are a number of ways to do this.

By creating a great learning scaffolding by remodeling and rebuilding on previous knowledge and previous experience and where to focus positive energy it help the students understanding their course framework to implemented through their courses.

Reply to Nicole Golden's post: I agree with you Nicole, students that create a better learning scaffolding based on their previous learning and experiences always help them to focus in their learning strategies.

Asking 3 questions to students:

1. What should we stop doing

2. What should we start doing

3. What should we continue doing

Scaffolding is very important in helping students begin to build on different topics, while learning and processing communication. 

Students need to focus on learning with technology and not from technology.

The tracking an instructor has to do monitoring scaffolding for students

Define clearly in the syllabus the rules for participation.

The amount of  involvement from the instructor in the online discusssions needs to be asssessed from one group to another. 

Sign In to comment