Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The use of web base tools gives the instructor a wider range of material 

Scaffolding includes utilyzing previous learning.

Not enough can be said about producing a great syllabus.  The syllabus can often times set the tone for how the students feel about the course and their involvement in it.  Also developing a program with as many creative ways of having  students interact is important because student learn from each other a lot.  The more they can interact, the more likely they will enjoy the course as well as learn from each other.

Engouraging collaboration as a tool to foster a sense of beloging in the classroom is a great idea! 

I am interested in learning more and implementing wikis as a way to engage small groups in interaction. I am interested in anonymous discussion board posting as a way to potentially draw out quiet students. Al of the methods discussed I can see becoming more intentional about in upcoming courses.

I'm seeing the importance of scaffolding and how it can help or hinder the students learning. 

It is important to use all of the web based technology to keep students participating in online discussions. Utilize scaffolding so students can learn from prior knowledge, building a dynamic syllabus is important.

I learned bout a dynamic syllabus. I thinks its a great idea to have it be dynamic and changing with the course. Because every course online will be different and students may collectively learn in a better way or want to learn something not in the original copy, i think its a good idea to be able to add stuff as you go when its to benefit the students learning.  

Scaffolding is important and instructors should enhance learners' engagement by structuring discussion board so the learners will build collaborative community with each other.

I've learned some different strategies to facilitate participation in online groups. 

trusting the students to guide elements of their conversation.

An effective plan can assist for easier navigation an clarity for expectations of the course

I learned what the definition of Scaffolfding is and how to apply it.

I learned that an online syllabus should be dynamic and detailed with instructions

Developing a course framework assist students in the learning process.  Module is created consistently.

Using effective communication (participate, give credit).  I find this course helpful.

I learned the 8 tasks of scaffolding: momentum, assessment, directing, assessing, purpose, instruct, tracking, and encouraging.

I had not considered the online environment, and the LMS, create a community that improves student outcomes. I will try to incorporate this concept by assigning tasks that engage students real-time rather than the static tasks I've been doing.

I learned the importance of using different website tools to create a "community" that allows for student participation in discussions. I also learned different ways to help engage the students in online learning. 

The concept of scaffolding makes sense and I'll use it when laying out my next courses.

I like the concept of scaffolding and I will use it in next term's course planning. It's a layered approach, which I use in theory, but hadn't applied it to the online environment.

Sign In to comment