Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

This module was very helpful in describing the possible online tools and technologies available to support both students and teacher in transitioning to online learning!  Online instruction is a new format to which I need to adapt my traditional PowerPoints with voice-over (great opportunity) to support the content and also incorporate new formats to elicit student understanding and perceptions.  I appreciate the different teaching styles presented and recognize myself leaning toward the facilitator style providing adequate support to life-long learners.

I learned that the use of technology tools can assist students as well as the instructor in providing the best learning outcomes.

The most important thing I learned from this module is that there are a number of different tools out there to help with vitural learning.  You have to find the one that works with your teaching style and make sure you know all the functions of them to be the most effective. 

As an instructor, I need to constantlly evaluate the tools I am using to see if what we are currently doing is the best for me and my students and be open and evaluate new technology to see how it would best aid my class.

I LEARNED HAVING THE RIGHT TOOLS AND INFORMATION FOR EACH SUBJECT AND THEN RESEARCHING DIFFERENT WAYS TEACH IT VERY IMPORTANT TO KEEP YOUR STUDENTS ENGAGE AND LRAENING.

It seems that there is a learning curve when it comes to the utilization of technology in the virtual environment. Certain teaching styles should be reinforced with certain technology.  Not all students learn alike and not all teachers teach alike.

I appreciate the reminder that the technology employed should match both the needs of the instructor, in terms of matching their style, and also that the tools should fit what the student learninf outcome is. I never realized how many different teaching styles I used over the course of a normal class period!

I learned there are many technology tools to use.

Very important to know your teaching style and match the tech tool with the neccessities of your class

I learned that technology can be applied to learning in a variety of ways. Not every technology is conducive to students learning, so by doing an evaluation can help the instructor make changes as needed for the next course.

I learned that several techniques are available as learning tools, but we must make sure that the one or ones we select will be appropriate for our students because of the diverse group of student that we may have, it's imperative that we select the best learning approach and to do that we must explore our options.

It is important to match the tool with the goal that you, as the instructor, want the student to achieve.  You should make sure the students know the expectation of how you want them to use the tool.  I will be relying heavily of the virtual classroom.

Roger

There are many learning tools that can be used in online learning. Different learning tools will be more appropriate than others depending on the type of presentor you are. It is important to get feedback from your students.

Understanding the different  technological tools use in on-line instruction, their effectiveness. and how instructors can apply them depending on their teaching style.

I will practice using different technologies effectively in conjuntion with a combination of teaching styles for better communication, relationship and learning outcomes.

Instructors MUST know how to utilize a plethora technologies and be able to demonstrate for the distance learning students so they can learn to navigate through the vast technology tools available to students to be successful. It is all in the spirit of learning.

It is important that we stay knowledgable about the tools avalible so we are able to help our students.

Aprender el estilo de enseñanza es imprescindible para ser un maestro exitoso, cada instructo debe adaptarse a las necesidades de los estudiantes sin perder su forma de interactuar con ellos y perder su estilo.

There are many technology tools available to us for online teaching. It is important o learn the fucntions and aspects of many different ones, to decide which is best suited for a specific task at hand. 

Student outcomes are dependent on the appropriate learning delivery modality/techlology.

This module was extremely interesting and appropiatte for my current role as an instructor. For example, I learned about the digital tools and the most proper for each scenario. Also, i learned about the different teaching styles such as: the demonstrator and the expert.

Sign In to comment