Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned some new ideas to use to help with assignments through technology. I am looking forward to further investigating these ideas like blog for journaling or the electronic portfolio to make sure it will be instructor and student friendly. Also I feel I have a better understanding of what to look for with tools for both instructor and students. 

I am currently using voice over power point and I have learned that I may have made them too long so in preparing the next power point after 15 min I will have my students pause the power point an take a 10 minute brake and come back and finish the presentation.  We also use zoom meetings for projects that the students need to present.  I really like the idea about the digital portfolio and I am going to look into to using this for future classes

It is very important to match the proper online teaching tool to the teaching still that you apply in the class room.In order to attian the desirered best out come for the student.

I have been using course managment tools for some years and have some awareness of their strengthsn and limitations.  I have also been dabling with screen capture software to create more engaging lectures.  But the idea of virtual classrooms is nice since they can be more interactive in real time.  I found the information about making online lectures no more than 15 minutes very helpful

Understanding the utilization of each of the learning tools can help to maximize its effective and efficient use.

This module taught us different tools to use in different classrrom settings. Which twaching style are you?

There many tool out there to yous however the instructor needs to evaluate them to see which one works best for his teasching style and meathod

Adapting a technology tool should be based on the teacher's individual mode of delivering teaching and their roles whether they are the fascilitator, delegator, etc  but they hv to constantly evaluate if this mode is effective on their students.  Adapting other modes of technologgy may be done tdepending on the outcome of the student's learning progress

I now realize the different types of teachers there are,  A facilitator of learning, Authoritative, Demonstrator, Delegator, Expert, I see why there are a variety of Technology Tools that fit all of us so we can get the results we need to match the learning outcomes and STUDENT SUCCESS .

Although there are many different kinds of technology available to for our online learners, what the instructor chooses may not be suitable for each learner in the class.  Setting our learners up for failure and lots of frustration.

I learned that as an instructor there are many tools that I will be able to use to properly teach my students and the appropriate teaching style.

The right tool for the right job. It applies in online learning and good carpentry. Learning the tool should not take more time than learning the content. Match the function is my takeaway.

I learned that i can use a variaty of tools to engage my students via online.

My takeawy from the module would be that Its important for 1) a teacher to recognoze their teaching style 2) there are several diiferent types of technological tools that can be used as a resources to enhance learning in the classroom and lastly the most important takeaway is for the teacher to vet each technological tool for fuction and purpose and assess whether it will aid in learning or be a henderence for the learner and/or teacher. The choice is up to the teacher but, feedback is an effective strategy to use in the class to assess future use or restructuring of the lesson.

I learned there are a number of differnt tools you can utilize to deliver online learning. There's no set one way and different methods can be used to deliver content you do in a physical clasroom setting. There are a few i never really heard about so i will defnitely look into those options make sure to get feedback from students on how things are working for them. That way I can adjust as an instructor and get more use to programs or tools that would be more essential to their learning and me teaching as well.

There are several learning tools instructors can choose from, we just need to make sure we research them and use the tools that best fit our students.

It is so importnat to learn all kind of technology teaching tools.  This way you can asssist students as well as an instructor have the best training.

i now understand the types of technology and how they work and how to better use the types of styles for appropiate teaching

It was very informative learning different ways and strategies on teaching virtually. The most important thing is adjusting to your student's needs and making sure they are properly equipped to learn online.

It is important to understand the different tools and adjust accordingly to the students that you are teaching.

Sign In to comment