Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Technology has provided and alternative foundation for students to understand vastly different learning objectives and modalities. By utilizing technology individuals will be able to use the information provided to address and accommodate diverse learning styles and give students an opportunity to explore each topic thoroughly.  

We need to make sure that whatever tool is chosen is appropriate for our learners and appropriate for the format of the class. There are many different tools that can be chosen, such as WIKI, blogs, and digital portfolios. We want to make sure that technology is additive and not more confusing for the students.

I've learned that its important to have a really good undertstanding of your teaching style so that you can use the best technology tool to teach your students. Love the idea of using blogs for students to reflect and journal anonymously, including feedback about what works and doesn't work.

As stated, identifying your teaching style and technology tools to facilitate your teaching helps provide students with a learning process so they can achieve course outcomes.

It is necessary to identify one's teaching style and then select the correct technology tools accordingly.

There are many technology tools that are being developed weekly to aid instructors and curriculum developers of Distance and Online curricula.  Itis always defining the learning outcomes and identifying the most effective tools that will not only deliver the content but is also a good fit with instructor effectiveness.  

The use of technology in the classroom and online has always been important to me.  I have looked for ways to implement group activities and now I have a few ideas.  I never thought of using wikis.  This will help in my upcoming courses.

i thnik its important to be up to date on constante changes in technology and how they may all help in individual ways. these are important in all steps

Lectures should not be more than 10-15 minutes in length. It is important to engage students so they learn and do not get bored. Additionally, instructors needs to be aware of their own teaching preferences and use tools that function in a way that will allow students to learn.

When determining which tools to use in an online course, consider the function, teaching preference, and student learning preferences. Choose the best tool to deliver the content. Be sure to provide information and trainging on how to use the tool and technical support as needed.

Teaching styles must be matched with the appropriate technology tools.  Technology must be easy to use and not hinder the learning process.  Various types of technology can be used to both teach and organize a class: virtual classrooms (highest interaction), wikis for generating and altering written work, podcasts, blogs as reflective tools, etc.

It's important for the instructor to also learn their teaching style...whether authoritative (sage on the stage) or demonstrative (how to) teaching and then match appropriate tools, but ensure engagement of the class.

I am the teacher, whether in the classroom, or in a virtual space.  Technology is a vital part of everyday life.  I tell my students that "life is an open book test."  We need to know how to harness the vast technological reasources at our disposal to develop our understanding.  Teaching has now become the art of helping of people ask the right question.

Any test question can now be put into a search box, with a requisitely appropriate response given.  Unfortunately, we can't just hold our phones up to the world and get our answer for real life issues.  We need to learn how to frame the question, and determine if our solution is meaningful.

Teaching students how to use available technologies appropriately is a priority in today's classroom, in every arena.

As instructors, we need to become familiar with the various technologies, and introduce them to the students.  Each program has its strenths and weaknesses.  Teachers must be prepared for potential questions and issues with both technology and subject area content.

Reply to Donald Lehr's post: if you are using ppt. use the header/footer function to number the slides.  you post the slides as a pdf, or run the presentation as a "slide show".  i do a lot of those with various animations

There are various technology tools that are available when teaching an online course. It is necessary to use these technology tools by making an assessment on how these tools will help in facilitating learning and achieving the learning outcomes of the course.

CTC

There are the many methods of use for both the technology and teaching styles. We have all had courses that have led to frustration.

We as insructors and students need to provide accurate feedback to better improve the courses

Do research before you  continue to get better at any and all of these, instructors need to have a plan for how they are going to learn new information and techniques that will make them better instructors.

It is important to assess and use appropriate tools that will help enhance your teaching methods.

There is always a use for technology in teaching and learning.  Researching technology and learning how to use it will only enhance teaching.

THere are many tools we can use in the online format. Knowing which tools are effective and how to properly use them are ket to online learning

investigate different methods of technology 

Sign In to comment