Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have learned that you must assess the tool you are planning to use to have effective stuent outcomes. Not all tools that are given are effective for what you are going to be teaching. I have already come across that while teaching online. Sometimes too many resources and or tools can be a hender versus a help.

I learned that each technical tool may have several functions, and the instructor does not necessarily need to use each function of the technical tool. It is necessary to ensure that appropriate functions are used to meet the needs of teachers and students, and the content is presented in a feasible format. Using technology can promote the process of teaching and learning.

I have learned that by choosing and matching appropriate tools with its functions can facilitate teaching, but only after assesing its effectiveness the technology is proven to be affective for a particular. For example: a teaching or learning style.

Thank you for reading :) 

I have learned that we have many tools, but we do not have to use them all. We need to asses wich tool works best for the learning goal in mind.

There are many different tools online instructors can use. It is important when chosing what to incorporate into your class to make sure the tech. is user friendly, has a purpose, and has meaning in the lesson.

tech tools are impt to online claases and needs to be user friendly

This was a good tip:

Voice over powerpoint tip: It is essential that instructors not record lengthy segments of a lecture as they become too long and lack interactivity to keep students’ attention.
However, it is important not to "lecture" for more than 10-15 minutes as the recording then become too lengthy.

Identifying the style of teaching is a direct correlation to the desired learing outcomes. Having a combination of styles may amplify the learning process of the student. Matching the teaching style with the proper technology should have ease of use, interactivity and be compatible with computer requirements.

There are several tools available that can enhance the learning environment for students.  I want to learn more about how podcasts are being used versus other tools like video posts.

That assessing the technology tools that you use are valuable to find out if it is helping the students understand the material

While I have already encountered each of the different tools mentioned in this lesson and was familiar with their different uses, I had never thought about the need to coordinate the use of the tools with my individual teaching style. 

With the onset of COVID 19 I was asked to transition a course to the online learning format in a very short amount of time. If I were doing the course now, I would definitely be able to do this more effectively through more effective use of technology tools. Some technology tools were made available to us and I have learned how to use some of the features but there are others that I would like to use i the future to better engage students. I would really like to implement some of the features of the Video Conferencing platform we have available to improve engagement of the students with one another. I have seen the benefits that students get by engaging in small group discussions of various topics in the face to face classroom. I now know more about the use of chat and breakout room features to acomplish this in the virtual environment as well and am eager to try that.

Reply to Bill Wong's post:Yes, I need to do that too. I think mine is still evolving.

As an instructor in an online setting, it is important to not only understand your teaching style, but also understanding technologies that are available to you in order to create the best learning environment possible. Once you are in sync with both it will make you more successful with your classes. 

I learned that it is important to understand how a tool works before you integrate it into your online course. If you don’t understand how to use the tool, then it may result in confusion for the class.

I learned a lot of valuable information. I learned that there are many different types of technology tools and instructor can use. Tools like:

1. Blogs

2. Learning Management Systems

3. Screen Capture

4. Virtual Classrooms

5. Wikis

I also learned that the instructor must use to appropriate technology tools to have effective instruction.

It is important to assess your teaching style and the technology to get the most out of both.

You need to know more about the options and functions of various tools 

We need to continuously receive feedback from our students in order to know what is or is not working. Technology tools can be great tools, but they can also be used in the incorrect method.

There are several tools facilitating student learning and it's important to use the right one.  I think interactivity is important and Screen Capture presentations assist in student professional developoment.  Creating an engaging environment for students by choosing the right technology tool is important.

Sign In to comment