Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I've learned that while I tend to teach using a format of lecture combined with participation, it is important to facilitate, while encouraging students to be more independent in learning. I also have become more aware of learning the use of learning the various tools that I intend to use as teaching aides, to avoid confusion, and take time away from the learning center.

It is important to seek out all available options and thier functions to find the best fit for your students and your teaching style. Many things can cross over to several areas but not all has to be used.

I did most of my education online. I liked how things were set up but now having to set up is very interesting because I am now having to design courses. I am not tech savy at all so at times this is challeging for me.

I have learned that I dont need to utilize every available technology but the one that best serves the needs and learning style of myself and my students. In my case I want to keep it as close to the F2F environment we have already established as possible. 

From this module I learned that while many technologies may sound like they serve a similar function, it is important to examine each of these tools with the type of teaching I prefer, the content that students need to learn, and the learning style of the students in mind when I choose specific tools for specific lesson.

Teaching and Organizing a Virtual Learning Environment --> Technology Tools

Understanding that a key component to ensure the learning process is ongoing, is to choose appropriate technology that teaches and organizes your online courses. Focusing on my students different learning styles and keep them engaged. 

A world of vertual training exist . Not just vertual facilating is needed , but how to effectively use the tools to give and recieve an interactive class room beyound the students' expectation is the outcome.  The use of Digital Portfolios,Learning Management Systems,Podcasting and Screen Capture Programs are tool than may be use to bring a classroom alive. Though these tools exist, the most effective tool is the one that works well the facilitor's stye of teaching.  

I enjoyed learning about the different teaching styles. They are: 1) authority, 2) demonstrator, 3) facilitator, 4) delegator, and/or 5) expert. I plan on sharing this information with students to get feedback from the students on the effectiveness to the different teaching styles.

One should adapt the teching tool to your classroom style and there are different tools that work with different styles.   Do not lecture for more than 15 minutes on a video.   COntinuously reevaluate the effectiveness of the tools, as the classroom needs may change. 

There are tools to support a variety of teaching and learning styles, and each tool should be assessed for its effectivenes to the teacher and to the learner--before it is used, during the time it is being used and after it has been used. The tools may have a variety of applications, but all of them may not be necessary to support the learning outcomes in each session or course.

You must match technology to the class and the students. We teach many adult learners and some are exposed to a computer for the first time in our classroom.

For this section I think I learned how important it is to chose the right tool to teach with and what type of teacher would use which tool.

An instructor needs to reconigized the various teaching tools that are available and use the ones that will benifit the course and more importantly the students best.  Based on course outline, learning outcoming and the teaching style of the teacher, the teacher should choose appropriate technology tools.  Throughout the course and after the course, teachers should evaluated with students which methods to keep, alter and stop using.

I learned that it is important to match your technology and tools to your teaching style and teaching objectives.  Also, important to facilitate student learning to optimize thie learing outcomes.  

I learned that using specific tools for specific learning objectives and teaching style is important.  Also, facilitating student learning is important. 

I learned that there are several different online tools that can be used for their specific reason to help with leaning.  Many of these can be used alone or in conjuciton with the others.  You also need to continue to evaluate the tools and your abilities.  

I am reminded of the saying that if all you have is a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail! I need to assess the learning outcomes I desire and match them to the technology that I have available to me. 

I learned that there are many ways to deliver on line information to students and that asking for feedback from students is a good idea to see what is working. 

I learned that it is essential to get feedback from the students in an on line format to make sure the teaching tool is working.  I will use the demonstration model as it is very effective with a hands on type classroom.  This can be done by videoing myself and also using the white board to show how conversions are configured mathmatically in an upcoming pharmacology course.

I learned that here is such a thing as voiceover power points.  Wikis, blogs and podcast can be used as well. How am I going to apply a podcast? do I make my own podcast or do I implement anothers Podcast?

Sign In to comment