Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask the students if the teaching tools are working or not. What the instructor should stop, start and continue. It changes every year and we have to adapt. 

In this module, I learned how to picked and evaulate technology tools for online teaching. 

I intend to apply the evaluation methods discussed to evaluate the technology required for the course I am teaching now. 

In this module, I learned that there are a variety of technology tools that can be used to assist teaching and learning online.  Instructors should first research different tech tools to determine which ones would work best to enable learners to accomplish learning goals.  I also learned the four types of teaching styles and that every teaching style should include facilitation on both ends.  Lastly, I learned that it is important to assess the effectiveness of the tech tools used in order to make changes.

This was a rich module!  It was eye-opening and most informative.  Sometimes I have used tech tools because it was popular, while not considering if it was right for my course or students.  This module has given me a lot of things to think about as I look at the content that I have in currently use.

So far I have learned that the use of technology tools can not only help the student but it can also assit the instructor to facilitate the best training possible. The tools we use should be reviewed to see if they are working accordingly to achieve the highest training value for the student.

I learned that there are many technology tools that can be used in an online course. It is important to know what types of tools are available and how best to use each type so they enhance teaching and learning objectives.

When using the many technology tools, it is important to use the tool for its intended purpose.

Instructors must identify their teaching style so that syle is matched with  the technology tool.  Technology tools must be assessed for its effectiveness and how it will impact students learning and instructor teaching process.  Sincee there are various technology tools it is important to match the tool with the function or functions to be performed.

Learning about the different tools, more updated equipment.

As instructors we should make sure the technology is conducive to the learning process. The technology should support, not hinder, the teaching and learning process. Therefore, proper research, delivery and evaluation of tools is essential to content delivery.

to find a tool or tools to best engage the students and teacher that is best for both.

I have been teaching for 15 years so it's so good to find out about new learning tools that my students can benefit from so that they have a deeper understanding of the material. 

To achieve active learning it is best to pair your teaching style with that of being a facilitator. Pair that with the appropriate technology tools and the students should achieve the course outcomes. 

Technology tools are essential to teaching in an online environment. There are many tools available but the instructor must be comfortable using the tools them otherwise you won't be able to teach without confusing your students.

Selecting the appropriate technology tool is key to the student and instructors overall success.

What i learned from this class is how important it is to use the tools provided, along with my coworkers, to utilize the best system. It will not only help the students experience online, but it will enhance the instructors way of teaching. I found that there are many different ways to communicate online with students, and ideas to keep them engaged, to ensure they are learning the material needed. 

There are a lot of different technology tools available to use, an dthe instructor should consider which one will be best for each application.

Online learning opens a lot of new doors to both instructors and students. Taking advantage of all the technology options seem to make it possible for a successful virtual classroom. 

Due to the current state of the world, we have went from F2F lectures to virtual learning via conference apps. During this time, the transition started off a little shaky but I've learned to maintain my flight. During this lesson, the voice over powerpoint with the adobe connect presenter stood out to me the most because its similar to what I'm used to and the lesson provided me with insight on how to make it interactive for my students and keep them engaged. Its something that I am willing to try to alleviate any pressue off of them while still providing them with the information they need and it can be used for a reference.

Technology tools are helpful to instructors and students alike.  They assist in creating an engaging environment, teaching processes and the organization/ content of your course.

Once an instructor identifies their particular style of teaching partnered with the needs of their student body, as a whole and individually, one can acess the many different learning tools available to reach a successful outcome.

Sign In to comment