Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

mutiplw evaluation tools will also help the teacher with their teaching techniques/style

I think the tools offered here ill be extremely helpful to evaluate student performance. 

Closing the loop requires that output feeds back to change the system's input - thus, the course evaluation via multiple methods provide ideas for strong course revision and improvement that will lead to better student learning.

Multiple ways of evaluating students

No one tool will allow me to close the loop in evaluating and revising my course.  

It will take more than one kind of tool to effectively evaluate a course.

In my (high school) course we start with a pretest to judge which units will need more or less time to teach.  That same pretest is used aa a midterm benchmark, and finally as a posttest that shows us how prepared for state testing the student may be.  I am pondering creating pre- and post-tests for each unit.  This will help with differentiation as well-- students who have more knowledge can proceed to different projects or activities while those with signifacant gaps can resolve them without it being apparent to their classmates that they needed the extra work.

Multiple forms of evalation show the instructor who has mastered the course.

I have learned the importance of reviewing your own coarse for improvements and the phrase closing the loop. 

I would like to know more about concept maos.

Course evaluation is necessary to improve student learning experiences, improve curriculum, focus professional development, impact quality assurance and benchmarking, and impact personnel decisions.

Assessment in key with course improvement and development for teaching as well as learning.  I will incorporate peer feedback into my assessments.

Using pre and post test in f2f works well for me.  I learned that pre and post in this arena may make the class better.

In order to evaluate the effectiveness of my course, I need to look at the totality of the course from syllabus matching to student grades and student evaluation to self and peer evaluation

Re-evaluating your course is integral to course success. You must give multiple methods of measuring your courses outcomes. 

I learned that I will need to use various ways of evaluating my students.  I like the use of using the portfolio.  I remember making my portfolio and referred to it often in my first few years of teaching.

That there are different way to evaluate course work and to use a variety of methods.

When trying to close the loop in course revision and improvements, you need multiple sources of review. Don't rely solely on student review or self review, include multiple stakeholders like peers and collegues. 

It is important that your course remain fluid and ever-changing to always imporve. You should not base those changes solely on student feedback, but also include stakeholders in the process of creating and revising.

Course evaluation is essential in an online course because you should always be growing and improving your online content. This unit taught me that it is important to include the feedback from multiple stakeholders when evaluating the course, not just your own personal thoughts or those of the students. 

Sign In to comment