Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Figuring out who the students learn best online will help teach a lecture that way. making sure to have synchronous meetings with students can keep each student on tract.

I underline the importance of fostering participation and confidence in synchronous and asynchronous classes. 
The soft skills of instructor and his awareness about this will be crucial on students engagement and learning goals.

I've learned the difference between asynchronized and synchronized communication and it was very insightful. Implementing these tools would help with being more interactive with the student.

Importance of timely feedback.

Be as engaging as possible with your students. Feedback should be worded in way to encourage participation, confidence, and motivation. Feedback should also be constructive criticism if there is a need.

Information regarding the manner in which to handle either asynchronous or synchronous learning was very valuable.    

Nuances & engagement considerations between synchronous & asynchronous discussions were quite helpful modules. 

Focusing on the students needs will better enable me to assist them through all interactions, whether synchronous, or asynchronous corresponding with them.

I learned that every adult learner needs time and correct information to achieve the best learning possible.

I learned the difference between synch- and asynch- discussions and when to use them.

Teaching important materials in a synchronous format is not recommended. Participating by the instructor in the discussions form is essential. 

Encourage participation between the students.

It is important to keep students engaged and motivated fostering participation either in asynchronous or synchronous discussions as well as delivering feedback in a timely manner.

learning the diference between synchronous and asynchronous meetings and how important student participation is for the students, both helpful learning tools

Feedback I feel is the most important - start off with the positive and if correction is needed then foster it is such a way to build up and enncourage verses "you are wrong, with this response"  

That synchronous teaching should be done preferably with one student in the on-line platform. Additionally, asynchronous teaching requires planning for discussions and feedback in order to foster student participation.

It is important to implement new topics on the discussion board for students to learn and engage actively. Synchronous discussion should be started with caution. 

I learned the difference between Asynchronous and Synchronous and how I can manage them durning the online classes. I also learned the characteristics of online learning styles - avoidant, competitive and dependent. It is very important to identify learning styles for online students and provide appropriate interventions to facilitate learning.

Discussions in real-time are best suited for small groups via video chat. 

When to address students as a whole in a Synchronous setting and address students on a one one setting in a Asynchronous forum. I also enjoyed the topic of how students can over participate or withdraw from an online platform.

Sign In to comment