Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

ISD gives the teacher a way to begin designing the course.  It makes you stop and think if everything is included to give the learned the best learning experience and information to help the teacher create these courses/lessons.

Carefully design online course and make sure to use images, sound and videos. It is important to evaluate design of course from learner's point of view to make sure it has structural integreity.  Will need to revise after evaluating before releasing to students

The structure that ISD imposes on teaching is enormously helpful and provides a great deal of opportunities for creativity to be woven into course and lesson planning design. 

Adding animations and sound to your visual images is a best pratice for increasing student learing. 

I am going to take everything I learned from this course and heavily consider implementing it into every element of the lessons that I develop for online instruction.

Content is king. Spending additional time and effort creating engaging materials suitable for on-line learning is helpful.

The six principal media strategies for presenting online content can be a highly effective tool.  Providing visual and audio applications creates a sensory connection to the lesson.

All courses should be designed to achieve specific goals and apply optimal strategies to achieve those goals.

After the presentation on this module, I learned the importance of understanding what content is available, can be edited or created in order to meet the  student learning outcome desired.   In addition, design your lesson plan with appropriate and supporting materials that address each student's learning ability for student mastery of the objectives. 

Understanding the variety of different instructional graphics that can be used in a given course. 

You must Analyze, design, develope, and evaluate your course properly, in order for your students to grasp the course material.

I was impressed to learn about the Instructional System Design 

Integrating audi-visuals in a Math course is quite a challnage given the nature of the contet. Nevertheless, it is worth a shot!

Oh wow. They used the ADDIE model, but blended the development with the implementation. That's okay. So long as everything that's supposed to be there is there. Analyze, design, develop, and evaluate. In other words, review what needs to be in the course and what you have available to work with. Design the components. Organize and combine them. And then review the results for improvement.

Reply to Korinne Toadvine's post:One thing to remember is that not only is it easier to organize if you design the course so that everything prepares students for final assessments, but that redundancy with variety is encoraged. What's your feedback on this idea?

This forum taught me the 6 principles of media strategies that I can incorporate in my online courses. This media strategies are text, graphics, animations, complex artwork and photography, audio and video. By using these multimedia strategies it helps to engage students during the online instruction.

This section discussed the importance and steps required to create and evaluate your online course before implementing to students.

Gained a greater understanding of ISD and the various ways to engage students such as videos, creating study groups, etc.

ISD is well explained and there a logical steps for breaking down the course content and moving it to an online platform.

An organized lesson plan can eliminate confusion in students. 

Sign In to comment