Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Thoughfulnessess is required from conception to completion. There are excellent frameworks to assist course development, much of which good instructors probably do intuitively, but it is helpful having some of an extended checklist.

Student engagement using ISD. 

Every organization has its own process for developing online training courses. Some organizations follow a linear process, while others prefer an iterative one. Some organizations prefer to work on the entire training at once, while others prefer to identify small segments within the training and develop them concurrently through collaboration. There are several factors that influence an organization’s decision to follow a certain process—training requirements, client expectations, tools, development time, flexibility, complexity, budget, etc. No matter which approach an organization follows, there are a few steps that remain mandatory in every Instructional Design process. Understanding the purpose of each mandatory step will help you successfully achieve the desired output at every step, irrespectively of your approach! Let’s look at a few of them.

Step By Step Guide To The Instructional Design Process
  • Step 1: Analyze Requirements. ...
  • Step 2: Identify Learning Objectives. ...
  • Step 3: Develop Design. ...
  • Step 4: Create A Storyboard. ...
  • Step 5: Develop Prototype. ...
  • Step 6: Develop Training. ...
  • Step 7: Deliver Training. ...
  • Step 8: Evaluate Impact.

Reference: This entry was posted in eLearning Design and Development and tagged .

Making sure that I spend additional time and effort creating engaging materials suitable for on-line learning .

I got some good ideas for beginning an online class

written assignments, presentations, concept maps and quizzes are great examples of ways to assess students and are effective in an online learning environment

Plan! Plan! Plan! Go through the cycle when designing and developing courses. Be sure to use the appropriate media to deliver the message. Review, evaluate, improve.... it's a continuous process.

it is wonderful to get alternative ideas for synchronus and asynchronus learning that will increase student interaction and stimulation.

In many ways the thinking behind the methodology is the same as in class instruction.

I think it is important to remember the use of graphics in online courses that can sometimes not be very engaging.  This module noted that students prefer color, sound effects, and action in their instructional delivery.

Instructional design seems only limited by imagination at this point. There are tons of ways to supplement courses visually, auditorially, and with other media. It's important that whatever is added supplements the course, yet the possibilities to add to content are quite wide ranging. 

Despite these truths, it's still important that the content and context of the course be important to the learners.

Using the technology available to us as instructors allows us to portray the information in a way that will increase student engagement, and in turn, increase the growth of our students during our classes. 

The graphic organizers made it really clear and easy to follow. Good example of the content they were also prsenting.

I've learned there are many aspects to creating a course. It is not something you can take lightly.

It's important to assess student learning before developing E-learning programs. Designs and development of such programs depend on appropriate learning content and student/instructor expectations. 

Use different media strategies like videos, animations, and graphics to help your students.

This module provided a nice, step-by-step approach to performing Instructional Systems Design (ISD), including analysis, design, development, and evaluation.  It described the 6 different types of media strategies that can be used in course design to engage learners and provided ideas to promote student participation as well as offering various ways to evaluate student learning.  

This online model seems to be designed in the same way as classroom instruction instead of considering the difference in tools and audience.  Online course design should make use of the technologies that can enhance the learners experience and learning.  This lesson does not teach about the uniqueness of online design - it only seems to use the old system that has evolved around classroom lessons

I intend to use the mapping media to connect clo to instructional media

I learned to diversify content assestments to engage students and solidify their learning process upon the desired outcome. 

Sign In to comment