Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Using different media strategies including animation

Realizar la evaluación del curso antes de cada semestre y crear materiales y actividades necesarias en conjunto con evaluaciones.  De igual modo tener una variedad -siempre y cuando la actividad o el curso lo permita- que sean diversas.

helpful to learn about isd

The use of multisensory process during the outline course is the main topic here.

Creating a course with ids in mind 

engaging students with videos and graphics help student engagment 

when selecting material graphics and visuls make sure it is sutible for the online enviorment

selection of materials should be based on the goals and objectives of the course

I appreciate the reminder for the basics...making sure you let students know what technology is required to take the course.  Making sure students understand clearly how to progress in the course and take advantage of interaction opportunities with fellow students.

My key take away is to use multiple examples. This is necessary due to students varied backgrounds.

This course was very essential in understanding the ISD model and how the four phases phases are a continous loop to ensure students are getting the information they need to meet the objectives of the course. 

There are many ways to connect and assess students' learning. Discussion forums are a good way of engaging students, encouraging peer interaction, and also a way of formative assessment.

It's important to design the course appropriately to achieve the desired learning outcomes. 

Recognize the importance of the student participation by creating purpose driven engagement. By promoting online chats with one another  the students will be able to internaliza the facts and conceptsn od the course. 

It is nice to know or be validated for those that have been teaching online before it was "cool" to do so have been addressing the student's needs and learning styles already. I do like to be able to have a check-list of items that should be addressed and this was a nice simple approach.

This is great for general information about teaching in the online environment.

Instructional design provides a solid foundation with 'how' the course is developed so it provides a variety of formats with assessment activities, learning opportunities and evaluation methods. Solid ideas with including media such as text, audio, sound effects, graphics, pictures, animations, etc. to enhance reinforcement of the content and engagement of the learner so learning participation is higher.

Many strategies for "changing it up" with a focus on the learner and learner needs.  Beginning with the end in mind as we analyze, design, develop and evaluate to provide the best learning opportunities for our students.

This section taught me how interaction is key to a successful online classroom. It also made me think about the analysis needed to successfully take on ground information and plug it into the development of an effective online class. I think the two experiences are different and it's a mistake to try to make on ground and online the same. 

Nancy Tosh

I agree with the use of peer discussions and evaluation as careers are often advanced thrgouh working with teams

Sign In to comment